Heavy Duty Rub Rail

PYC5 Dave

Reaction score
What was Bennington's MSRP on the Heavy Duty Rub Rail? It was taken off the build site along with the POP Up Cleats. Thanks

On my early September order, it was $379 for 22-25. I hope they can fulfill the rub rail &pop up cleats, I don't want to end up with a boat that doesn't have what I ordered.

For my 2021order about this time last year, the heavy duty rub rail with the white rubber insert was $299 (I believe the stainless steel insert was more) and the pop-up cleats were $124 each.

On my early September order, it was $379 for 22-25. I hope they can fulfill the rub rail &pop up cleats, I don't want to end up with a boat that doesn't have what I ordered.
I ordered a 22LSB also in early September and was quoted the same. 379. I agree hopefully get what I ordered and paid for!

I can see a couple things potentially unfolding based on other supply chain type of issues and resolutions.

One: They cannot spec those options on your order due to supply chain problems, but then result they refund those line items.

Two: They give you the option of keeping or dropping those options due to supply chain problems. However, if you decide to keep them, then your boat bumps to the back of the supply chain line pending supply recovery.

Pure speculation. However, it might be something to be thinking about in advance. If a choice needs to be made due to a lack of availability on the heavy duty rub ralis and pop-op cleats, which direction would you go in?

I can see a couple things potentially unfolding based on other supply chain type of issues and resolutions.

One: They cannot spec those options on your order due to supply chain problems, but then result they refund those line items.

Two: They give you the option of keeping or dropping those options due to supply chain problems. However, if you decide to keep them, then your boat bumps to the back of the supply chain line pending supply recovery.

Pure speculation. However, it might be something to be thinking about in advance. If a choice needs to be made due to a lack of availability on the heavy duty rub ralis and pop-op cleats, which direction would you go in?
Thanks. My dealer offered to add the options to my build sheet to add if they came available.

Wonderful. Glad to hear it.

got a call from dealer yesterday they told him if i want the heavy duty rub rails they won't build my boat

The Rub Rail can be dealer installed at a later date . A few members have installed their own

got a call from dealer yesterday they told him if i want the heavy duty rub rails they won't build my boat
Bummer! Was it a spec on your order? When did you order and are they building it now? Thanks

The Rub Rail can be dealer installed at a later date . A few members have installed their own
The rub rail on the "R" and "LX" models I saw at the dealer was integrated or part of the extrusion. What does an after market one look like because that was a consideration I had? Thanks

Dealers get an OEM and just do the install .

This one on my 2020 was stainless ,HD is a type of rubber .
1635081179545.jpeg

Here is the HD on my 2014 RCW
1635081306374.jpeg

You are correct HD is heavy duty . I posted the stainless just for reference
Here is a pic of the Black Out
1635083198054.png

placed order 8/10/21 HD rub rail was ordered then, removed from build site since dealer has build date of early December lets hope so dealer
said will talk to rep next week about changing to standard rub rail

I wouldn’t have one without a rub rail. Nice having something running the length of the boat that would hit a piling before aluminum.

placed order 8/10/21 HD rub rail was ordered then, removed from build site since dealer has build date of early December lets hope so dealer
said will talk to rep next week about changing to standard rub rail
Thanks. If you are up in Cold Country maybe they can delay the build until the spring? May be worth asking. Seems like the boats out west can be unloaded by then.

Sounds like we won’t be getting everything we paid for. This is truly unfortunate!

Back