Help needed on getting rid of yellow mold.

Reaction score
After having my boat stored and shrink wrapped over the winter, I found yellow mold on the seats. I have tried several mold eliminators that are on the market including StarBrite, CLR even Zep (although I am very careful about using it on stitching).
I just can't get rid of it.
If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. It is disgusting.
It scares me to think that the only option is replacing it.IMG_6775.JPG

Marine 31 mold remover and then Marine 31 mildew guard.

Second that. I've used Marine 31 mold remover for years. The first time I was amazed at the results. I use a leather and vinyl scrub brush as well.

Just make sure your rinse really well with lots of water. The cleaner can be hard on the stitching

I had a 2004 2275RL. My seats were similar to yours. When we sold the boat in 2019 my seats were in brand new condition! Anyway I've used a few products over the years to combat mildew/mold but a basic mix of an ounce of bleach and water in a Windex spray bottle worked the best! Just spray it on lightly wipe to distribute it and it'll disappear. Never had a problem with the stitching! If it doesn't get rid of it the first time spray it again! Be sure to spray the area with a bottle of clean water and wipe with a towel! I've also used this product from Walmart. Bathroom cleaner with bleach. $.98. It's basically bleach/water. Works great! PXL_20230712_112855277.jpg

Back