Help "Q" owners

Gee - Keep posting photos. The eye candy tastes good!

I agree, keep posting those pics, they hurt, but in a good way! :D

Sure is purdy!

His beautiful boat, docked at his beautiful house, on his beautiful lake. When I grow up, I want to be Geewest!

I agree, order it with as many options as you can afford. The Q is a great boat and handles well. I have every option except the double top. My boat with the 8.2 HO I/O will hit GPS speed of 54 MPH with 4 people and full of fuel.Don't know what the speedometer might show at that speed as Bennington forgot to hook all the parts up. Dealer will fix it at the first service. May do a little better than that on a real calm day. I am still breaking the engine in so I don't leave it at full trottle for very long to see how she settles in. The best part of this engine is I can run about 28 to 32 MPH at 3000 RPM's all day long. Do not tow with the cover on or you will be walking down the highway to pick it up. Don't ask how I know. The Q is great in pretty ruff water conditions its probably one of the best riding boats I have owned.

Ok guys so I pulled the trigger on the 2012 QCW2575. I meant to post a bunch of pictures of her on this site but never really got around to taking pictures because I was too busy relaxing. I will post pics and specs soon.

There were 2 compromises that I had to make to get this great boat.

1 > It only came with the 25gal gas tank under the seat. Which is not really a problem since I am always within a few miles of a Marina on the lake. I have read several posts on this site about problems filling this 25 gal tank full of course after the purchase of the boat. I seem to only be able to get about 3/4 full until it wants to spew out. Obviously a vent issue that other have talked about. Is there a solid solution to solve this issue?? Is Bennington doing anything to help find a fix?

2 > My LED cup holders are giving are rubbing off a black onto anything that touches them. If you touch them your hand look like you have been under the hood of a semi truck. I also did not realize this until we were out on the lake. Can you take these out easily to clean and then replace. Anybody else experience this?

Thanks..

There's another thread on those cup holders about a week or two ago. My recollection is they are defective and not UV resistant and so they are giving off the black stuff. It's just the LED cup holders. Other ones are fine. TB will surely reply on this Monday.

We went to the lake today, and the dock guy said he had no problems putting 12 gallons in my tank (I had adjusted the vent hose a few days ago due to gas not going in). Matter of fact, he was impressed with the "newer design" of the filler neck that Bennington and others use and he actually liked that it vented so well. I had to laugh when he said that since I had all that trouble with the vent hose, but I also was GLAD to hear him say that since it meant my troubles were behind me.

Yes it is just the liner in the cupholders that is coming off, TB's comment was just to remove the black part, you still have a full stainless steel cupholder.

Thanks guys.. I will remove those black insert and check my vent hoses next trip to the lake.

Hey lets see some Pic's of your New "Q"

and until we get them Im going to keep posting pic's of My'n LOL :lol:

DSC01872.jpg

Last edited:
Back