Help what is the difference between a 21 slx premium and a 21slxp premium

Glendix

Reaction score
I am ordering my first Bennington and I just don't understand the differences between the 2 models. The slxp has less options to choose from and costs more. I can't find a site that has all the model options. Please help. I'm suppose to go sign the papers on March 5

I heard the P stands for premium which adds a couple things. Your dealer should be able to provide you will all the answers you need before signing on the line. Now is the time to get the order right.

+1 on the before they get the check conversations.

Most dealers will try to accomodate you after the sale. Before the sale, you get their undivided attention.

Not an expert but I did just buy a SSX premium.

Upgraded seats is the first differents. The console is also different. The Echomap is center mounted and not to the right of the steering wheel.

Also additional options are upgraded. Like the radio upgrade is the newer Kicker and not the Sony CD.

Do you have the 2016 Bennington catalog?

Yes mad4sax I do have a catalog but it's really generic on the difference. It didn't even say there was a different helm on the premium. My wife and I have been talking about a new pontoon for years and we are finally going to do it. Everyone around me says Bennington is the Cadillac of pontoons. We just don't want to get our new boat and wish we would got a different model. Our salesman is really nice but really young. Just trying to get as much info so we get exactly what we want. Any info you I can get will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Just to be clear, SLXP and SLX Premium is one in the same, not 2 different models.

Thanks bill for clearing that up. And does anyone know if the starboard bow seat cooler come standard on the slx premium? The option disappears on that model on there website. Thank you

Yes mad4sax I do have a catalog but it's really generic on the difference. It didn't even say there was a different helm on the premium.
In the catalog flip between page 39 and 47 to see the difference in the helms.

With all the up grades when looking at an "S" model why not buy a "G" Probably cost less for the same upgrades and get a better all round boat?

As of right now if we don't add anything we are looking at

2016 21 slx premium in smokey granite

Premium diamond pressed upholstery sandstone with driftwood accents

Designer vinyl full floor

G series helm chair

Dock lights sandstone

Trapezoid table upgrade

Privacy enclosure with curtain

Tilt steering

Extended aft

Ski bar

Yamaha F115

If I sign on the dotted line it includes the extended 2 year warranty on the motor.

Does this sound like a decent package?

*Thread edited due to actual pricing disclosure*

*Forum rules violation*

Last edited by a moderator:
Glendix, Not sure where you are located in relation to factory but naturally shipping costs can make a difference in delivered price.  To me that seems like a pretty good price just be aware that many on this forum have bought a new Bennington and traded it in within a few years as they didn't quite get exactly want they wanted; in the end this way obviously costs quite a bit more.

What you are ordering is a fine boat, it seems to me that the reason most have traded in is a case of PADS mostly brought about by too small a motor.  If you can swing it I would consider the 150 if it is allowed  

Plus 1 on the 150 .

update 

Just checked the build page ,115 is max on 2 tubes 

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard the P stands for premium which adds a couple things. Your dealer should be able to provide you will all the answers you need before signing on the line. Now is the time to get the order right.
Having seen the 2 side by side, I would say more than "a few things." The topdecks are decidedly nicer on the premium.

With all the up grades when looking at an "S" model why not buy a "G" Probably cost less for the same upgrades and get a better all round boat?
When I was shopping for my 22 SSX premium I built a G with a similar floor plan with the same options but it did not have extended aft or dual gates of the SSX APG. It was about $4,500 more for the G.

I've "build a boat"-ed similar S and G models a number of times in the past, and I recall it being more than ~$5k premium for the G at MSRP pricing.  More like $6-7k more.  Which translates back to around $5k in cash.  Did you factor in the cost difference for the extended deck?

If you can financially swing it, I would whole heartedly suggest the SPS (Tri-toons) and the 150 hp motor. We have one and love it! Makes for a whole different boat from two toons with a 115 hp. That may be the difference between you loving it for longer rather than trading it when the new has worn off.

Not important to some, but it is to others.

The G boats have decks built with crossmembers 16" on center. The S boats are 24" on center.

One of the big differences between these two series.

Thank you everyone for your input it is greatly appreciated. Yesterday we went to one more Benny dealer before we went to make our order and they had a new 2014 24 scwx just sitting in the back corner. After 2 hours of wheeling and dealing we wrote the check. It's a really nice pontoon with a lot of upgrades I don't understand why nobody bought it. So as soon as all the salt is off the roads we will be taking it home.

Thank you everyone for your input it is greatly appreciated. Yesterday we went to one more Benny dealer before we went to make our order and they had a new 2014 24 scwx just sitting in the back corner. After 2 hours of wheeling and dealing we wrote the check. It's a really nice pontoon with a lot of upgrades I don't understand why nobody bought it. So as soon as all the salt is off the roads we will be taking it home.
Congrats! Welcome to the club.

Back