Help with Toon maintenance

We have the same stuff that we use on our SS cooktop. If Angeljo used it on just that area to get the burn marks out what would the finish look like after. Would they have to do the whole toon to look uniform?
I don’t have Sharkhide on my Toons, so I’m not sure.

We have always had Sharkhide on our toons but I guess the acid wash was so strong it just obliterated it and then reapplied the Sharkhide. I honestly don't know how to get rid of those burn mark looking things....
We have always had Sharkhide on our toons but I guess the acid wash was so strong it just obliterated it and then reapplied the Sharkhide. I honestly don't know how to get rid of those burn mark looking things....
strip with lacquer thinner on baby dipper, to get shark hide off. Then use toon bright on one section at a time on toons, keep wet then rinse off. Move to next section that is dry and apply toon bright till all done. Let dry at least one day and apply shark hide with baby dipper folded over and saturated with shark hide. Place on toon from one weld to next in same direction and it will lay down like glass. I put two coats on mine but you have to wait 24-36 Hr to redcoat. They will look brand new. Good luck you can do this.
tri

Bar Keepers Friend is good stuff. We use it all the time to make pots and pans look like new. You can also use it on windows to remove spots that nothing else will take off. It takes a little elbow grease to do so, and you have to get it on and off in just a couple minutes, or it will damage glass. I would try it on a small spot on a toon to see what the results are, but apply it, scrub, wait 60 seconds, then wash it off. I would imagine doing an entire toon would be an undertaking you would not want to try.

Back