Hmmm BBQ rail mount RCW?

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
So ordered my 2275RCW, and was now just thinking about the BBQ mount. How the heck will that work? My current mount has 4 bolts in square pattern, 2 on top of rail,2 underneath the rail, and it 'clamps' two metal plates together. So now what the heck do I do? I'm pretty positive the panel goes all the way up to the rail so can't mount the bottom bolts. Hmmmm any suggestions?

I thought about having a rubber like stopper on the bottom bolts and just tightening it up, kind of like c-clamps, but don't want to dent my panels. Hmmmmmm open to suggestions! Oh and I'm not going to do a pedestal mount on the rear deck, don't use the BBQ that much so don't want a permanently mounted stand for it.

Thanks

Derrick

Ouch! Let the wife know about the new problem with the rail mount. Not too happy since we've only used the BBQ once so far! Haha oops!

Derrick

Derrick - Probably not much help since you said you don't want a pedestal mount, but I had a number of problems with the rail mounted systems myself. I finally gave up on it and went with the pedestal mount on the rear deck and can only tell you it makes it super easy to use the grill. The mount is only 6 or 7 inches in diameter and only about 1/4 inch high max. Mine is located in the rear port corner; it is just never in the way.

Derrick - Probably not much help since you said you don't want a pedestal mount, but I had a number of problems with the rail mounted systems myself. I finally gave up on it and went with the pedestal mount on the rear deck and can only tell you it makes it super easy to use the grill. The mount is only 6 or 7 inches in diameter and only about 1/4 inch high max. Mine is located in the rear port corner; it is just never in the way.
Do you happen to have a pic of it, it may be my only option. So is yours permanently mounted or removable? It's just that we have the RCW and I would hate to take away the clean openness of the rear by having something permanently mounted there. I guess if it was mounted similar to the removable table, then it is just a mounting plate on the rear deck and have an insertable post. Not sure.

Hmmmm just had one idea that might work, wish I could draw on here! Not sure if I could explain it. It's still a rail mount.Hmmmmmm I'll have to think a little more on this.

Thanks

Derrick

Derrick - Sorry for the delay but loading/posting pics on this site seems to be almost too hard to do for me. I think I have a photograph of the pedestal base for my magma grill on the homepage now (have no idea how to just load it within this post). This setup works much better for me versus my initial attempts with rail mounted grills.

I was looking at that pic of yours, it's an option now with the RCW having the extended rear deck, might have to look deeper into that idea. Thanks Friar

Back