Hoist Size

Lone_Star

Reaction score
Hi All!

So in prep of the new Bennington I am getting concerned about the proper hoist weight. I am looking at 4000 lb capacity hoist (craftlander, lakeshore or Great Lakes Lift)

Boat: 2250 GSR, with 115hp. Captain: 230 lbs. Co-Captain: 120

Thanks for any insight.......

I have a 4500 craftlander which is new this season and I have mixed feelings. It is built like a brick sh!t house but it makes a very very very load screeching/groaning noise when lifting and lowering the boat. Craftlander has been out and looked at it and they say it is normal and will "break-in" They also state the aluminum bunks and the toons of the boat amplify any vibration. Not very happy and if it doesn't break in soon I'll be getting back with them. I'll get a video soon so you can be the judge. 

Thanks for the feedback for this TOTAL Noob :) . Thanks Bill N, I was thinking it should be enough. I was considering Craftlander as my neighbor has one, but not liking that it makes a lot of noise on yours lakeliving. Lots of neighbors have Great Lakes Lifts as well and Lakeshore. This is crazy how hard it is to find good info on lifts. 

Thanks Lake Living; I don't like to hear of your problems, but did just find Max systems. There docks seem very stout. Hoping next week to side by side Great Lakes Lift to the Max system. I do know my neighbors system is very old, so maybe its a misbuild of a new system you have. Hopefully it gets fixed soon..

Want to arm wrestle Carl?

As for the lift, I am looking into replacing the pulley bolts with ones where there is a built in zerk fitting. We'll see how that goes.

Want to arm wrestle Carl?

As for the lift, I am looking into replacing the pulley bolts with ones where there is a built in zerk fitting. We'll see how that goes.
The pulleys on our lift have the grease fittings in them.

I am wondering if maybe there is something with the bunks, not supporting ALL of the weight possibly. So maybe a section is just touching the toon and transmitting the frequency of vibrations.

And my neighbors for sure does not sound like that.

Lake Living, my neighbors hoist absolutely does not do this. The only noise is the clacking of the locks as it goes up/down. nothing like what your video has. I was just about ready to pull the trigger on craftlander, but now not sure.

I think mine is a fluke. When I take the boat out again later this week I'll drop it down and hear what it does. Haven't got back with Craftlander yet. Too busy!

ps. Feel free to leave comments on youtube. When I call craftlander I am going to direct them to the video. Hopefully if there are some comments they'll be faster to resolve the issue!

I understand the too busy, I will do just that. GL.

Craftlander is at my house now. Apparently there was a one off manufacturing defect with the pulleys they have not seen before which is my luck. Good news is they are replacing them all today. They also told my wife I did a perfect job of assembly and install. Can't wait to get home now and try it out!!

WOO HOOO, make sure and let us know. I am pretty sold on them next spring hoping to get our new craftlander........

You built it yourself? If so, how difficult was it to assemble?

Super easy to assemble. It comes on a pallet, cables are already run through the cradle. Then it is just some bolts/nuts and getting the bunks set up for your needs. I'll get a better picture up later but I had them make their custom load guides for mine. I have no carpet to worry about. Essentially my load guides are the same as the bunk material but turned on it's side. My wife actually brought the boat into the life the other day for the first time. Super easy and no maintenance.

Great, I was more worried about running the cables....Sounds good. im guessing you built at waters edge and then had some help getting it into water.

Would love to see pictures, do you mind me asking whom you got it from?

So the lift does not make a peep now!! Super happy. Craftlander made it right and wished I would have got with them earlier.

Back