How much power?

PharmDGator

Reaction score
Hello all,

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a new G23. Dealer will upgrade to a YMH 175hp SHO for no charge.

Is it worth it to get a 250hp?

Yes ,I have a R 23 with a 150 .Could have upgraded to a 200 .I didn't. Now it is more cost effective to buy a new Bennington

Hello all,

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a new G23. Dealer will upgrade to a YMH 175hp SHO for no charge.

Is it worth it to get a 250hp?
It completely depends on what you're planning on doing with it. The VF175 is no slouch. It will be more than adequate for cruising and occasional watersports. If you plan on doing a lot of watersports, or want to be able to do higher speeds when loaded up with people then the F250 or VF250 would be great. It does add some weight and it's a lot more expensive, so it depends on your intended use and your budget. the 250 will probably appeal to more people on a G if resale is a concern for you also.

It completely depends on what you're planning on doing with it. The VF175 is no slouch. It will be more than adequate for cruising and occasional watersports. If you plan on doing a lot of watersports, or want to be able to do higher speeds when loaded up with people then the F250 or VF250 would be great. It does add some weight and it's a lot more expensive, so it depends on your intended use and your budget. the 250 will probably appeal to more people on a G if resale is a concern for you also.

The resale is something I do have some concern about and those are my thoughts as well.

Ditto everyone’s comments above. I think Justin laid it out nicely.

You will get 5-8 mph more going from the 175 to the 250 and burn quite a bit more gas. If the price is right though...

Back