How to adjust Rockford PMX-2 EQ

Treyman159

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2022 24LXFBA with the upgraded kicker sub and amp package, tower speakers, and Rockford Fosgate PMX-2 head unit. The stereo sounds ~ok~ (whish I did the Roswell) but I think I could make it sound a lot better if I could access the EQ. The Rockford manual says a short press on the rotary knob should bring up the EQ but when I try this I hear a beep and nothing happens. Does anyone know if there is something wrong with my unit or if there is any other way to access the EQ settings? Thanks in advance.

I have had 2 PMX 3's (sirius) ,I ve never seen an EQ. I've heard you can adjust the amp under the helm ,but I haven't done it .

I have had 2 PMX 3's (sirius) ,I ve never seen an EQ. I've heard you can adjust the amp under the helm ,but I haven't done it .
Ok, bummer. Makes me think that it’s possibly locked from Bennington because the manual states that you can adjust it and the screen says “punch EQ - Subwoofer” in small text.

I don't believe they lock it ,but connecting an amp may disable it . I don't know . I'll play with mine next time out .

Did you try a long press of the menu button first? Then select audio and go from there.

Yes… that will work. We have the PXM-2 with the Rosewell package and love it. I have it perfectly dialed in, using the Built in EQ. You can select presets or make a custom. Make sure you also have things connected properly to the amp so you can use the Sub+/- buttons to control the rear speaker level separately. Good luck!

Cool. I’m glad you and Jack found it useful.

Back