How to fish on a Q .

Jack M

Reaction score
We went out to the sand bar the other day with some friends . One of them looked down said "You have a fish stuck on your boat " I jumped in and sure enough there was a fish with his head stuck inside the starboard strake ( still alive ) .Tried to pull it out but it was too slippery . I grabbed a towel and pulled, it was still stuck . I then decided to rotate the fish and was able to free it .It was a catfish with his spines spread out . I let it go . A few minutes later another catfish poked his head out of the strake ,it saw the 4 of us standing there and went back into the strake . Shortly after that it just took off . Unfortunately ,I did not have my Go Pro with me or I could have taken a picture .
You cant make this stuff up .

If I owned a Q-boat, this is how I would go fishing...

8088168651_85b51cf247_b.jpg

If I owned a Q-boat, this is how I would go fishing...

View attachment 27404
.........or chasing ice cubes in cooler to build a refreshing beverage! Slippery little devils ! .......and you can limit out and your hands won't stink! lol :rolleyes::cool:

We went out to the sand bar the other day with some friends . One of them looked down said "You have a fish stuck on your boat " I jumped in and sure enough there was a fish with his head stuck inside the starboard strake ( still alive ) .Tried to pull it out but it was too slippery . I grabbed a towel and pulled, it was still stuck . I then decided to rotate the fish and was able to free it .It was a catfish with his spines spread out . I let it go . A few minutes later another catfish poked his head out of the strake ,it saw the 4 of us standing there and went back into the strake . Shortly after that it just took off . Unfortunately ,I did not have my Go Pro with me or I could have taken a picture .
You cant make this stuff up .
Suuuuuure Jack.......Ha!

It did happen . No camera on board . There will be next time .Others I have told thought they may have went in to spawn ? I have no clue
Guess they found the look of the Q as exciting as the rest of us! Haha

Back