Hyd jack plate

mtudb24

Reaction score
I have run these hyd jack plates for years of my offshore fishing boats and our 18 foot Lund duck hunting boat for low waterissues.

I have seen them on 2 pontoons in my life.

I loved them on our offshore boats. I wonder if I would see if they would benefit on. Our toon?

Does anyone know if Bennington voids warranty with Jack player? Anyone use one?

Thanks

Todd

Bennington will have to answer directly on the warranty issue, but I doubt it voids anything unless some sort of failure can be traced directly to the jack plate.

As to whether it works...

Yes.

I don't use one myself because I only have a 50 horse engine on my boat and I still haven't made the final determination regarding whether to up-power or buy new.

BUT...

I have spoken with lots of folks who swear by them for all the same reasons people with traditional mono-hulls do.

I have run these hyd jack plates for years of my offshore fishing boats and our 18 foot Lund duck hunting boat for low waterissues.

I have seen them on 2 pontoons in my life.

I loved them on our offshore boats. I wonder if I would see if they would benefit on. Our toon?

Does anyone know if Bennington voids warranty with Jack player? Anyone use one?

Thanks

Todd
Hi Todd,

Jack plates put more load on the transom, which creates variables we cannot control! We would not cover a transom failure if a jack plate contributed to the failure. Hope this helps, TB

Note : A "Jack Plate" moves the over hung load aft and increases lever arm torque load on the transom. The other factor involves rotational torque on the transom assembly.

We installed a 6" set back, (hind sight, a 10" would have been better ) Hydraulic Jack, with a Yamaha 350. However, we also designed a gusset system to rigidize and add strength to the transom. (The motor was originally installed without the jack plate). The engine was picked up with our "A frame hoist" preparing for jack plate installation. The transom was found to be deflected down .625" by the the wt. of the engine. Therefore, the gusset system was designed/installed and with the jack plate installed, there is "0" deflection.

The Hull now "carves" to the inside, rides better and handles much better.

I would NOT recommend installation of a jack plate without considering/creating additional transom support.

I would NOT recommend installation of a jack plate without considering/creating additional transom support.
I agree.

Back