I may as well ask, too

Rob2001

Reaction score
I have a 24SSLDXP with SPS and with a Yamaha F150XB. I'd like to make the jump to SS, and I am leaning towards an Enertia with Flo Torque hub based on what I've been reading on the forum here and elsewhere. Can you guys reccomend a size? I'm expecting most will point me towards a 15x15p, but I thought I'd ask to make sure. Also, if anyone can point me in the right direction to be sure I get all of the correct mounting hardware, etc, that would be very helpful as well.

Thanks!

Yes, a 15x15p. You will also need a Yamaha adapter kit.

I have the reliance 14.5 x15" and it is great on my F200. Make sure to get the SDS setup too.

Yes, a 15x15p. You will also need a Yamaha adapter kit.

Thank you, can you be a little more specific about the Yamaha adapter kit? I have been tyrying to research this and it seems as though there is some combination of Flo Torque II, Flo Torque IV, and exisiting Yamaha parts that have to be used to mount this prop. Did someone put together a kit that would simplify this process?

Okay, so with a little more research I am planning on purchasing the Flo Torq II hub kit, part number 835274Q1 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HBXJZ4/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=A2AAS4KMPY7DS7&psc=1), and the Flo Torq IV hub kit, part number 835257K10 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007D3502K/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A212PIGCNO4M1V&psc=1) in order to get all of the necessary mounting hardware. I will end up with a spare Flo Torq II hub for an emergency replacement if needed.

Does that sound like the right plan?

I would try the adapter kit first to see if it rattles before you buy the flo-torq IV. Put plenty of water proof grease on the shaft.

I would try the adapter kit first to see if it rattles before you buy the flo-torq IV. Put plenty of water proof grease on the shaft.

I really want the Flo Torq IV for the added protection it provides for the lower unit .

Okay, so with a little more research I am planning on purchasing the Flo Torq II hub kit, part number 835274Q1 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HBXJZ4/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=A2AAS4KMPY7DS7&psc=1), and the Flo Torq IV hub kit, part number 835257K10 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007D3502K/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A212PIGCNO4M1V&psc=1) in order to get all of the necessary mounting hardware. I will end up with a spare Flo Torq II hub for an emergency replacement if needed.

Does that sound like the right plan?
Give me a call. I may have one. 206-5911

The Flo-Torq IV is if you have a vibration in gear at idle, there is no more protection.

I would recommend 835271Q09 Will reduce prop rattle.

I'm curious... With a Yamaha on the back of your boat, why would you go through the extra hassle of mating an Enertia prop and hub kit when you can put a Reliance 14.5x15 SDS directly on the shaft with nothing else needed?

I would understand this if you had a Mercury on the back as it appears to be a great performance match, but the Yamaha Reliance is a simple bolt on solution.

Chris, I may be wrong, but it looks to me from my research like the mercury Flo-torq hubs provide some additional protection from damaging the lower unit by having splines that will break before allowing damage to the lower unit. This may very well be a misconception on my part. That's my primary reason for leaning towards a Mercury prop and hub kit.

Curious, how certain are you that the 14.5x15 Reliance is the pitch that I would want? Why the difference versus the 15x15 Enertia?

It sure seems like it's more of a guessing game at the size and pitch with hope that what has worked for others with different (but similar) boats will work for you.

Robert, as long as you're looking for input you might want to send Ken @ propgods an email and get his take. He'll want to know size, weight and HP along with how you plan to use the boat (e.g. cruising, watersports, etc.). Can't hurt...

Last edited:
Curious, how certain are you that the 14.5x15 Reliance is the pitch that I would want? Why the difference versus the 15x15 Enertia?

There is no real certainty without more data and even some trial and error. You brought the type of boat and motor to the party but nothing else. It would be really helpful to know what prop you're removing and how it performed (top RPM, top speed, mid range characteristics)

There are others here in the conference with similar boats (S series with 3 tubes) and your motor or a bit higher horsepower that are using the 14.5x15 Reliance happily and getting the performance they expect.

I, too, am happy with my F150 and 14.5x15 Reliance SDS but my boat is heavier and I have a different bottom configuration so my thoughts aren't based on my experiences alone.

The Reliance is a good solution if you own a Yamaha F150 or F200. It comes right out of the box these days with the SDS hub built in, no need to add anything. Just remove your aluminum prop and bolt on the shiny. If, however, you are looking for hub based protection for your lower unit then perhaps it is available elsewhere.

It's nice to have all these paths to choose from. Good luck.

Back