I need a new captains chair

Greygoose30

Reaction score
HELLO!! I have a 2006 GL and I am trying to find a new captains chair the vinyl is shot! any thoughts on where to order one??

Find a good marine upholstery shop. They can replace the vinyl. You will be shock what a new replacement chair will cost.

I second that advice. However, if you still want to buy one, check ebay, great lakes skipper, defender marine, overtons, and west marine.

My '06 was purchased with damaged upholstery and one of the areas that needed repair was the small cushion in the back of the captain's chair. I was hoping to purchase just that particular skin but it wasn't available as a separate item. I was told I would have to purchase the entire seat to the tune of $741. That was in 2012 so you can expect prices to have gone up considerably since then. I was lucky that Bennington still had some oem fabric to sell, which I took to a local shop to make the necessary repairs. Team Bennington told me at that time that they buy up any leftover fabric when a run of any particular-colored fabric is done, but when it's gone it's gone. I would not expect them to have any of the colors from '06 all these years later. As suggested by Remediation, your best bet is a good independent shop.

If you end up having to purchase new, I suggest you check out PontoonStuff.com. I bought vinyl flooring and a steering wheel for my 2001 Benny from them and was very satisfied with the quality and prices. Their customer service is outstanding and their owner is very hands on and responsive.

Just a quick check shows this. You will have a hard time beating this $399 price anywhere IMHO:
Screenshot 2021-12-09 100537.png

Back