I used Toon-brite at Full force

jimmiefan48

Reaction score
I used Toon-Brite at full force yesterday, I misread the directions. I thought it said to use the product straight from the bottle for heavy jobs. I was supposed to top it off with water first.

We now have one BLEACH WHITE toon. Ugh! I'm going to a West marine today to get 3M aluminum restorer. I'm hoping this works!

10 of 11 people found the following review helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars toon-brite cleaner, works, August 8, 2012

By danield93667

Verified Purchase(What's this?)

This review is from: Pontoon & Aluminum Cleaner, 1/2 Gallon (Misc.)

I bought a 2001 aluminum pontoon boat that had been in the water in a highly Alkali water lake the pontoons were heavily covered with scale caused by 10 years of evaporation. The pontoons were almost black. I first used swimming pool acid mixed 50-50 with water and used a paint brush to apply, this removed the heavy scale. And yes I tried Lime Away and other types of scale remover but none compared to pool acid diluted with water. Then I used toon-brite on the almost black pontoons and yes they turned white but buffed out leaving a new looking aluminum. If you are looking for a product to clean up old toons this is a great product, if your toons are clean be sure to dilute it more than just 50-50 like the bottle tells you or you may end up with white toons.

Help other customers find the most helpful reviews

Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

Report abuse | Permalink

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]

Jimmiefan48

I would not worry about it being white.  Mine have turned out white just after cleaning them after fall haul out and then a good waxing or buffing in the spring turns them back to the high luster aluminun color

Good luck

Todd'

Back