If you have white interior you need this

Seadoorxpguy

Reaction score
So after trying every product Bennington and Semtex recommended to clean my ice white interior and failing miserably. I had given up hope of ever getting my boat clean. I ended up grabbing a bottle of korkays rv/ black streak remover that I use on my camper. Tried it out on a seat that’s getting replaced anyways from a defect. Omg the difference it made. I never knew my seats were suppose to be this white. I’ll try and upload pics after it dries more. It’s hard to capture it with my terrible iPhone camera.

Wow looks great. I wonder if it will cause problems over time though, besides voiding the simtex warranty. I was afraid to order the white due to cleaning issues. Do you wash it after each use?

Why would it cause problems? It was less caustic than half the cleaners they recommend. When I got my boat it was a left over demo boat and was never really cleaned before I got it. Voids the warranty? Do you think Bennington wil perform deep chemical testing on the material to make sure it was cleaned with their recommended cleaners? So if you can’t get you’re seats clean with the items they tell you you’re suppose to just deal with a dirty boat?

Why would it cause problems? It was less caustic than half the cleaners they recommend. When I got my boat it was a left over demo boat and was never really cleaned before I got it. Voids the warranty? Do you think Bennington wil perform deep chemical testing on the material to make sure it was cleaned with their recommended cleaners? So if you can’t get you’re seats clean with the items they tell you you’re suppose to just deal with a dirty boat?

It may or may not cause issues, but I think it's reasonable to suggest using non-approved cleaners could open you up to warranty denials down the road. Simtex/Spradling could claim the stains were a result of neglect when it was a demo and therefore none of the cleaners could be expected to restore it to a new condition. Or the unapproved cleaner broke down the permablock coating or vinyl surface accelerating its remaining life expectancy.

I've been burned by way too warranties over the years and now assume the worst when it comes to OEMs. Glad you were able to clean the seats and hopefully enjoy many years of bright white upholstery, love that color!

30 Second Cleaner does the trick also...but it contains bleach, which is tough on stitching. We use it on our old vinyl...because it works where nothing else will...but not on the Benny...

Thanks for the share. What is the chemical in the Black Streak remover? I tried this one time to clean white boat fenders, it did not work, however the chemical is what does the work. Thanks

Back