I'll be first in here.....

goldnrod24

Reaction score
Looks like at least the SW regional section is being populated, so I'll continue the progress and be the first here.

We've lost most of our snow here in Michigan; hopefully it will contribute to increased lake levels.

February is waning and March is in the on deck circle. Can boating season be far behind?

Hope it is just around the corner. It was a little windy here today but over 70. We were at the lake getting the travel trailer ready to come out of the barn. We want to be ready when the new boat arrives.

Hope it is just around the corner. It was a little windy here today but over 70. We were at the lake getting the travel trailer ready to come out of the barn. We want to be ready when the new boat arrives.
Where are you located? I must have jinxed it, because today we got hit with 8"+. Oh well, it won't be long.

I am located in the Texas panhandle. Best way to describe it is between Amarillo and Oklahoma City right on the state line. We have had several days in the 70's. I wake up this morning to 28 and a stiff north wind. Mid 50's for a high today. Oh well, it will get there yet.

Hey Goldnrod where in Michigan are you?? I'm in Decatur.
Home is E. Lansing. We have a summer home in Frankfort. We boat on Crystal Lake for inland boating and on Lake Michigan for big lake boating. We are a block to the big lake and about a mile to the ramp into Crystal. It's a boater's paradise.

Are you on Lake of the Woods? While I've never seen it, on the map, it looks like there are a lot of secluded areas to hang in.

Enjoy your new boat!

No we are on Finch lake, it is a small chain with Big Fish and east&west saddle bag lakes.

No we are on Finch lake, it is a small chain with Big Fish and east&west saddle bag lakes.
I guess I could have figured that out from your user name. Duh! Don't know much about Finch Lake, but I'm hoping you tear it up this summer.

Bought my first pontoon last week Bennington 20SLI. Now patiently (not so much) waiting for the snow to melt and the ice and junks to clear off the missouri so I can take her out for the first time!!

IMG00137.jpg

How's that new DNR public access to Crystal Lake coming along?
Pretty slow. There's been a large gash in the forest cover carved out for the road down the bluff that's visible from the lake. So far, no dredging or dock work is visible. There has been a lot of excavating being done above, along M115, but that's the bulk of the work. Word is that it won't open until September 2011.

It's really no trouble for me. I use the road end on Lobb Rd. and have for 25 years. I'll continue since it's only a mile from where I keep my Bennie.

I'll try to keep you posted.

Back