In Floor Storage

I LOVE my center storage! It is a definitely checked option for me. I have a 1 person tube, 2 person tube, 3 person tube, knee board, wakeboard, couple of big round bumpers, oars, couple of fishing rods in cases, and even managed to get another wakeboard in one time when my cousin came! Love it! I lost some above deck storage to numerous batteries!! Haha 

Was the boat outside? How was it resting on the trailer? Was the battery hooked up? Many factors to water inside a resting boat.

Yes, like maybe they had a new kid working and they told him to "water test" the boat, so he filled it up to see if it leaked!  

Yes, like maybe they had a new kid working and they told him to "water test" the boat, so he filled it up to see if it leaked!  

Anyone familiar with old wood boats knows the hull needs to be soaked after winter storage for the wood to swell (no double entendre planned). When I owned a Century Resorter, the neighbors panicked when I ran an open garden hose into the bilge.

My guess is that an "old timer" prepped that boat!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a must have, plus you're only going to get it now, not too much of an option later!

We are on our 2nd boat both have had in floor storage. I believe it is a must. From the tubes to lawn chairs we even have a 2 ft by 6 foot table that fits in the ski locker. It is so easy to put stuff into.

Yep, I've heard and learned about P.A.D.S.  I plan on staying away from that!  In-floor storage has become a definite for my build!   :D

I would recommend getting it. We use ours for all our fishing gear, rods, nets, tackle boxes. everything there and out of the way. Have never had a problem with water in the storage area. We do take the carpet off the hatch when in storage. 

How much extra for the in floor storage?!? Curious.

Ours was listed on the build sheet at $1119.00. I am curious if the length of the boat makes a difference or if they are all the same size.

When I was messing around with the builder, it appeared there was price variation depending on tube set-up sps/esp and length of boat.

I didn't get it because I thought with the "L" floor plan I'd have tons of storage, but you can always use more!  Someday I'll probably trade up to an RL and I'll get the in-floor storage.   

I put a lock were the pull was at ,stored my 60 " trolling motor and electric anchor  rods and still have room. 

JimmyT,  I would like to add a lock to mine.  Do you have a photo or a link to the lock that works you can post? 

I do a lot of crazy things.But I wouldn't dream of cutting a hole in the center toon while the boat is in the warranty period. And if the boat only has two toons, I don't think it would be a good idea to hang something below the deck. There's a lot of water splashing around below.

Do any of you have a lock on the in-floor storage? I would like to put one on...my trusting nature on display. if anyone has installed one please share.

2016[SIZE=8pt] [/SIZE]• 21SLXP • Blackout Edition - Midnight Black • 150 HP VMAX SHO 25 IN • SPS / Tri-toon • Bimini Top Curved-Blue Ice LED • Extended Aft Deck • 4 Step SS Ladder • Pillowtop Diamond Upholstery • Recliner - G Series Helm Chair - Adjustable Height • Bow Table • Bow Gate Seat • Custom Wheel  • Echo 301dv • In-Floor Storage Lifting Strakes • Dock Lights in SS LED • Blue Ice LED – Illumination • Pop Up Cleats • Ski Tow Bar

Back