Indian River, Mullett Lake, Burt Lake Michigan

bjpell

Reaction score
My family and I are going to stay off Indian River in a rental with a slip for a few days. We are planning to bass fish, but we will perch or walleye fish if bass fishing is slow. Anybody on the forum here have advice for where to fish this large area or any advice or suggestions for me. I read that the state record for a bass was caught on Indian River a few years back! I'd love to hear what baits to use and colors, places to go. Are there places on the water to stop and eat?

If all else fails and the fishing is horrible, I'll trailer the boat up to Mackinaw City and head over to Mackinac Island for the day. We did that last year, it was a lot of fun, as long as the waves are less than 3 ft.

That's my backyard . Currently I don't fish , so no help there. Hoppies is on the North East end of Burt Lake . The In Between on the Indian River was just sold and in the process of being remodeled . Breakers is on the West side of Mullett just a bit North after you exit the Indian River. On the Cheboygan River is the Hac a ma tack , East side of the river ,a little past that is the Pier 33 . You can't miss that one there is large marina there. There are some large unmarked boulders, going in to Hoppies dock

Not sure about bass fishing spots Specifically. I believe that record bass was near the entrance to Burt Lake. But you really can‘t fish from your boat there in the river as there is way too much traffic. There are a few bass tourneys on Burt and Mullet each year so I know they are in there. Walleye, along west side of the lower part of Burt, and kind of across middle of lake east to west on north end of Burt. Don’t know about Mullet.

Jack-you forgot to mention Pinehurst!! . just kidding, you’ll see it on the River, but I’d keep driving past it

I haven't been able to locate anything other than pike so far on Mullett Lake, one more try tomorrow and then off to give Burt Lake a try.

I should be out on Burt today near the state park

Out here now. But we have family visiting and meeting more family at Hoppies Landing later

Out here now. But we have family visiting and meeting more family at Hoppies Landing later
I never made it over there. I turned around at the highway and headed back after fishing the waterway all day. Caught 2 small large mouth bass and a few Pike. The wife and I agreed we would come back, but not to fish.

Were you able to get to any of the restaurants ?

Back