Initial likes, dislikes, and performance

Todd & Amanda

Reaction score
Well we finally got to enjoy some good weather and put some hours on the new toon. If you've seen some of my other posts you already know we made some motor height adjustments (hole #3) and a prop change (16 pitch). We ran the boat with all sorts of different loads and conditions over the weekend and I have to say the 350 really flexed its's muscles on a few occasions.

Boat loaded with 3 adults, 2 up front with the puppy and myself driving, 30 gallons of fuel, average amount of gear on board, and a yeti loaded down. We hit 52.2 mph for the top speed and hit 51-52 on every try. Rpms ran consistently at 6480 when planed at the top speeds so I feel like a 17 pitch prop may be in the future.

Next scenario was the same load as mentioned above but full of fuel (56 gallons) and still hit 51+ mph, never saw 52 though.

The final load was a good one, 9 adults, 1 teen, 3 dogs, 5 coolers, multiple bags of gear and 48 gallons of fuel and it hit 46.0 mph once and stayed at 45+ for about 2-3 minutes trying to outrun a storm that slipped up on us, rpm's ran around 6100-6150.

As for the rest of the boat the likes would be pretty much everything about it, there's really not much to dislike. My biggest thing would be the Mercury gauges, the digital is a little hard to see in bright sunlight.

Sounds like all is well and you're getting some time on it already, that great! I'll keep a watch out for the 17p sea trial! ;)  

Impressive performance all the way around! It has to be sweet seeing the that 50 and above on the speedometer.

What a beast!!!! I'm glad you were able to get some quality time on it under different conditions.

no pics? :huh:

no pics? :huh:

If I had a 350 on the back of mine I wouldn't have a free hand to take pictures. One hand would be on the wheel, the other would be pushing the throttle as far forward as it would go!

And the passengers would be using their hands to hold on for dear life.

Yep, those 350's really run great.  I don't recall a trip out where someone didn't flag me down and ask about the motor.  Cutting that tri toon into a sharp turn and putting the throttle down is certainly a rush.

Yep, those 350's really run great.  I don't recall a trip out where someone didn't flag me down and ask about the motor.  Cutting that tri toon into a sharp turn and putting the throttle down is certainly a rush.

It's fun to see the reaction people have when they see it, everywhere we went Saturday I had people gathered around. I went to the slip to uncover it Saturday morning and had 2 guys standing there drooling over it and waited for me to uncover it and look at the rest of the boat. Yea I was smiling just a little :D

It's fun to see the reaction people have when they see it, everywhere we went Saturday I had people gathered around. I went to the slip to uncover it Saturday morning and had 2 guys standing there drooling over it and waited for me to uncover it and look at the rest of the boat. Yea I was smiling just a little :D

It never gets old.

I think the tag says it can only be used up to 15mph. Huge PITA when you want to get going. Time for a redesign Bennington so those of us with bigger motors can use their bimini's all the time.

And then read the warning label on the table leg.

In my 100+ hours of running I never once took out the table. I think that one is a definite CYA on their part. Once I forgot to remove it when I trailerd from the house to the ramp, 10 miles at 55 MPH. Maybe I just got lucky.

Sounds and Looks Amazing :)

240_F_100724213_dPCA96LBDjYf8lrvHI5Q5frGwiisBtue.jpg

So Fortunate My Lake Prevents Me From Getting the dreaded ....

P A D S 

552276217.jpg

Dreaming Gets Exciting (lol) 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting pictures!  I am waiting for my new 25 GSB to get rigged - still haven't seen it in person.  I ordered the Evinrude G2 200 HO with SPS and cant wait to see what it can do. I'll be happy to get 35+ MPH.  Mine is smokey granite with black accent with blackout package also.  Glad to see a real live boat with the carbon interior accent - mine is napa beige with the carbon and I hope it looks as good as yours.   

Well done.  That interior is exactly like mine, so it looks great:)  Thanks for posting.  Is that Dale Hollow?  Only about 80 miles from our house.

Did you run 50 mph + with the bimini top up?  Just wondering how fast you can run safely with the top up and it not take off like a kite. 

The Bimini was closed for the 50+ runs. We opted for the curved Bimini and from our experiences so far it doesn't handle the wind as well as the regular Bimini. I've have been mid 40's with it open but it doesn't like it. And yes I'm aware of the speed rating and fully agree that needs to be addressed since most any pontoon can exceed the rating. 

And then read the warning label on the table leg.

We actually had the table base left off of our build since we never use one and didn't want to be stepping on the base constantly 

Back