Initial likes, dislikes, and performance

Thanks for posting pictures!  I am waiting for my new 25 GSB to get rigged - still haven't seen it in person.  I ordered the Evinrude G2 200 HO with SPS and cant wait to see what it can do. I'll be happy to get 35+ MPH.  Mine is smokey granite with black accent with blackout package also.  Glad to see a real live boat with the carbon interior accent - mine is napa beige with the carbon and I hope it looks as good as yours.   

I think you'll be very happy with the performance, our friends just bought a 22ssrx with a 150 and sps that runs 37-38 with 6 adults on board. That 200 should get you in the 40's with a light load. 

Well done.  That interior is exactly like mine, so it looks great:)  Thanks for posting.  Is that Dale Hollow?  Only about 80 miles from our house.

Yes that's correct, it's about 60 miles for us. We have a houseboat there so we're always there on the weekends. 

Thanks for posting pictures!  I am waiting for my new 25 GSB to get rigged - still haven't seen it in person.  I ordered the Evinrude G2 200 HO with SPS and cant wait to see what it can do. I'll be happy to get 35+ MPH.  Mine is smokey granite with black accent with blackout package also.  Glad to see a real live boat with the carbon interior accent - mine is napa beige with the carbon and I hope it looks as good as yours.   

You should do better than 35mph with that motor. I have a 2550RCW with ESP and a G1 200HO that does 41mph. The 200HO's are strong torquey motors. Sounds like it'll be a nice looking and nice running boat.

Did you run 50 mph + with the bimini top up?  Just wondering how fast you can run safely with the top up and it not take off like a kite. 

My previous front bimini had a warning label of 46 mph.  Nothing on the rear.  I had a new bimini made (paid for by Bennington).  I've had the boat to 50 with both biminis up and they don't move at all.  No flapping or anything.  Very solid.

My previous front bimini had a warning label of 46 mph.  Nothing on the rear.  I had a new bimini made (paid for by Bennington).  I've had the boat to 50 with both biminis up and they don't move at all.  No flapping or anything.  Very solid.

Thanks Havasu...not sure I'll ever see 50 with a G 22, f200, sps but good to know the Bimini should stay intact below 50. 

One of the things I like about our bimini...50 mph and no problem.

That is one nice rig makes me consider a bigger engine or just a new boat...lol

Yes that's correct, it's about 60 miles for us. We have a houseboat there so we're always there on the weekends. 

Off topic:  We were at the lake house at Cumberland early April and played golf at General Burnside State park and the next day played the Dale Hollow State park course.  It was a great golf course.  Never seen such elevation changes.   

Welcome dmhflash, sounds like you have a nice build coming! Obviously, pics when available. Myself, I'm just a hair under 40 MPH pushing a GCW 2575 with a 250 Verado. Embarrassingly, I don't remember my prop details. 

Off topic:  We were at the lake house at Cumberland early April and played golf at General Burnside State park and the next day played the Dale Hollow State park course.  It was a great golf course.  Never seen such elevation changes.   

I've played that course several times and it's my kryptonite. 

Back