installing lift

Billk

Reaction score
Live in florida when installing lift which is best to have the boat sit on the toons or under the deck

salt water, brackish, or fresh water? What type of toons do you have? Tritoon with center 55 gal fuel tank? What size motor?

My opinion if you have weight to distribute you should have the toons supported.

Wouldn't sitting on the toons be easier to get the boat back in the dock under not so perfect conditions? Our lift just has two canvas slings and seems to work fine. We have a tri-hull.

I've had both types. When we had a two toon boat I had a deck lift and it worked great as when spaced correctly the boards serve as load guides. Now that we have a tritoon I have a bunk setup and it works great. Low water, deck lift is great, big boat, motor, tritoon- you will want a bunk lift. This is all based on fresh water experience.

I have a 20' Bennington SX20 with Yamaha f70 two tube (25"). Any comments on deck lift like one pictured?image.jpg

I'm on Lake Hickory, NC

That would work great for your boat.

Been 3 years on a deck lift with one of the heaviest benningtons made at the time with zero issues. Have 2x6 top boards that straddle near the center toon. Only way with shallow water like we have.

Thank you all, I'm planning to add center deck lift to existing cable lift beams where I had my MasterCraft.

I have a 2575QCW tritoon with Volvo Penta 260HP I/O. DoOes anyone know how much weight that is for a lift? Do I need a 6000lbs lift or 8k or 10k?

6k should be fine but I would go the next one up. I was originally going to go with a 6k but went with 9k because it wasn't that much more.

Back