Just grumbling a bit, only non warranty items break and a speed drop question.

Commodore, They both just did it like it wasn't their first rodeo but from watching it looked like it freed the upper half of body from a jacket in your face & riding up their arms.

Quick update, my new prop came in, 13.5x15 Solas aluminum and I'm disappointed at the moment. My original to the boat prop (as far as I know) is aluminum and not painted (looks like aluminum) and it was a 13.5x15, ran around 28mph gps and wot was 55-5600 rpm.

With clean toons my first trip was 22mph gps and wot is only around 4400 rpms. I am going to put my original back on in a few weeks when it comes back from the repair shop.

This prop stuff is confusing and expensive. I will just keep the new Solas as a spare, besides at this point I'd have no idea where to go on sizes.

I use PDFs on my legs pretty regularly when we anchor.  It makes for a much more relaxing "float".  A jacket put on the regular way often rides up into your neck/chin and while not a huge deal, it just gets in the way.  If you snug up the straps so the jacket doesn't ride up on you, then breathing is harder.  It's a lot more relaxing to float around when you wear it around your legs. It's like sitting in a chair in the water.

Just put the jacket on upside down like a diaper, one leg where each arm goes.  I usually put the zipper/straps in front like normal as it's easier to hold onto when you jump in.  No need to snap the straps or zip up the zipper. Then jump in the lake.  MAKE SURE your nuts are perfectly centered in the neck hole before you jump in!  I can't emphasize that enough.  You do NOT want a shoulder section of the jacket under your nuts when you jump in.  A jacket is lightweight while you are on the boat, so it is not something you would think much about, but when you jump in, the vest pulls up pretty hard when it hits the water (which is what it's designed to do).  This is one of those things you don't want to learn the hard way.

Sorry to hear about all the prop trouble Resqu2.   Sounds like you keep it in the water, right?  I read a lot on here that even slight pond scum on the bottom of the tubes can slow it way down...  Earlier you talked about cleaning them...

Sorry to hear about all the prop trouble Resqu2.   Sounds like you keep it in the water, right?  I read a lot on here that even slight pond scum on the bottom of the tubes can slow it way down...  Earlier you talked about cleaning them...
Yea it stays at the marina in the water which has really warmed up lately. I did bring her home to pressure wash and change props. I get my original prop back this Thursday and will switch it and try her out.

Back