Just home... 2012 RCW 2275

ChrisP

Reaction score
Got our Bennington home safe and sound. Drove 1015 kms, had a tour of Hallberg Marine's 100,000 square feet of show room, a little shopping and 1015 kms home in 24 hrs! Had the dealer shrink wrap Benny for trip home. Good thing to, the road traffic and rain would have made a real mess of a brand new boat! Thank you so much Stephanie and all of Hallberg Marine for making this whole experience a memorable one. Next... Polished twin 32's. With side illumination, WHOA! Can hardly wait for the ice to come off the lake. Also decided to leave shrink wrap on till all chance of snow is nil.

ChrisP

WOW you drove all the way to Minneapolis for it? Were they that much cheaper than Valleley sport and marine in Minot / Bismarck ND?

Good to hear! So a couple of quick questions for you, is the changeroom on the port side? What color did you go with? What size of motor did you go with? Thanks!

Derrick

Were you polishing to clean or apply protectant? What did you polish toons with? - Sharkhide? Easy/Hard?

It was much better dealing with Hallberg! Not going to mention prices. I deleted change room as there was no need for it, but was on the starboard side and we will use it for BBQ storage hopefully. It is black, without graphic... but raised chrome logos. I will post pics as soon as I figure that out :) Going to polish toons to a mirror shine. Probably use Mothers aluminum or 3m aluminum polish.

Sounds good! Have you seen the write up by I believe Lakebum(I think) on polishing your toons? Do a forum search for polishing toon and be amazed at how hard he had to work to do that! You can also find out the polish he used, I have it stored somewhere on my computer, let me know if you haven't seen it and I will forward to you. I am trying to find someone that has a pic under their lounger that has the dual batteries!! haha, gonna start a forum topic right now actually!

Ok... got the pics loaded into my gallery. These were taken by Hallberg the day before I picked up the boat. I was not going to be able to see the boat and get it shrink wrapped for the trip. As soon as wrap comes off I'll get some pics of family and new addition :)

Sounds good! Have you seen the write up by I believe Lakebum(I think) on polishing your toons? Do a forum search for polishing toon and be amazed at how hard he had to work to do that! You can also find out the polish he used, I have it stored somewhere on my computer, let me know if you haven't seen it and I will forward to you. I am trying to find someone that has a pic under their lounger that has the dual batteries!! haha, gonna start a forum topic right now actually!
I remember seeing it. I don't think I am interested in the work involved to achieve a mirror finish. That's why I was asking about the Sharkhide. I want to put it on once before I hit the water the first time, at the beginning of each new season and maybe do an occasional cleaning

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Chris, I just looked at your pictures and looks like a sweet ride. I noticed the Garmin you have, thought it was either the 431s or 531s. Which model is it?

I went with the 431S, I'm not sure the 531S was an option. While at Hallberg I sat on a 2575 RLCP with raised helm and pillow top upgrade and Mercury smart gauges... Pretty sweet to say the least. So hard to know what to order when you haven't seen the different options.

I agree about not seeing all the options. That is why I have been so active in this forum and doing tons of research on my own. This forum has been a god-send to an inexpierenced boater such as me. I have so much appreciated the people that have taken the time to answer my questions. The Prop & Power once it gets enough members to publish their stats will be of tremendous help to someone making decisions.

I went with the 431S, I'm not sure the 531S was an option. While at Hallberg I sat on a 2575 RLCP with raised helm and pillow top upgrade and Mercury smart gauges... Pretty sweet to say the least. So hard to know what to order when you haven't seen the different options.

Back