Just Purchased Our First Benny

Good to know, thanks for the info. I kind of figured they weren't insulated with Az 110+ temps in mind. Finally picking up the boat tomorrow. Going to take a trip to Roosevelt Lake this weekend. I am looking forward to a Lake Powell trip soon.
Have fun... :)

...Also, cold water is a good insulator in the heat. Don't drain the cooler, just add ice on top as it melts. I also try and add drinks that are cold to keep the ice from melting. 110+ heat requires different cooler tactics...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not used the built in ice chest. My coleman 70 qt stays on the boat and I load it with an AO cooler filled with drinks, ice and frozen bottles of water. As 2550RSR said, in our heat, we need to get creative.

Cheers, Steve

Had our first trip out this weekend. I can't say enough about this product. The Evinrude Etec 250 HO G2 is everything the reviews said it was and it looks great.

Nice!

I am also curious about the purpose of the straps

Looking good! What are the straps for running from the bimini to the rear cleats?
Thanks... This top is designed to stay up even during transporting and I was told by the dealer that the straps are needed. After looking on line and reading this ad from Bennington I think the straps are provided to tie down a tube with. This is why it is named the Toy Hauler. I am not even sure if they are needed for trailering. It seems that my dealer did not know much about this top as he said they have never had one before. This is the same case with the Etec motor as well. I think that with this being the first trip I just didn't want to make a lot of adjustments before I knew so I just left them on.  I'm not sure I like the idea of having a top with no boot to protect it or that can not be lowered for trailering. I found that this requires me to be more aware of clearance issues. If anyone has a top like this or knows anything about them please feel free to share. I am not sure how to get in touch with Bennington to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only reason(other than strapping down towables) that I can figure is possibly for trailering. It may be a way of applying a pressure on the release latch so a bump doesn't relieve pressure on the latch and the wind could cause the top to tilt backwards into the "toy loading position" . Really don't see a need for it while just in normal water use. But that's just my opinion. I've only ever seen one in real life.

The only reason(other than strapping down towables) that I can figure is possibly for trailering. It may be a way of applying a pressure on the release latch so a bump doesn't relieve pressure on the latch and the wind could cause the top to tilt backwards into the "toy loading position" . Really don't see a need for it while just in normal water use. But that's just my opinion. I've only ever seen one in real life.
Derrick, I think you are correct. Although there is a secondary tie down in case the latch opens. It probably wouldn't hurt to use while trailering.

My boat originally had the same top (Was replace with double biminis), and I have a bag with those straps sitting in my garage. I was told they are for tying tubes and other water tows down on top of the tower.

Had a great trip out to Lake Roosevelt, Az with friends.

Boat looks awesome and it looks like a good time was had by all.

Some pics from our last trip. Loving this new Benny! We have already referred some new friends to our dealer and they bought a new boat that week. Now we are planning more weekend out on the lake.

Very different and absolutely Gorgeous.  No wonder it has been easy to refer friends

Hello Bennington Friends, I purchased a 22 SSRX about  3-4 weeks ago in California, I was told of a Bennington membership club that would give me another 2 yrs of warranty status on my new boat. By joining this site am I on board or is there another application from Bennington that must be submitted. If so where can i Find that paperwork?  Any advice is appreciated...I'm new so sorry if I posted on the wrong page.

Thanks,

Big Bernie

Welcome to the forum Bernie and your question was answered in the other place you posted. Congrats on the new boat.

Back