Killed 2 birds with 1 stone (so to speak)

Renegade34

Reaction score
Since I’ve installed my Rockford powered sub a while back I couldn’t find a good place to install the dash mount remote for it. I also lacked a good spot for my wallet, sea legs remote, cell phone, ect. I came up with this solution and it worked out pretty nicely. It’s been great to have the control for the sub at my fingertips as the bass on different songs varies so much. The extra storage is nice too. It’s a win win!

Attachments

• AEAB4316-3673-43A1-92F3-1AD4848D2734.jpeg
    AEAB4316-3673-43A1-92F3-1AD4848D2734.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 6B93F8C0-1494-46FC-A174-81B0B103963B.jpeg
    6B93F8C0-1494-46FC-A174-81B0B103963B.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 86
I really like this solution. Nice ingenuity.

Nice job! Looks like a professional installation!

That’s great. I’ve wished my boat had something like that for small stuff. Where did you find it?

Thanks. I purchased it online from a place called Deep Blue Marine Products. Their stuff isn’t exactly cheap but I was really impressed by the quality of it and they have a wide range of options. I’m fairly sure that they sell a lot of their products to manufacturers as I’ve seen several storage and tackle compartments on their website that look identical to OEM ones in boats.

Since I’ve installed my Rockford powered sub a while back I couldn’t find a good place to install the dash mount remote for it. I also lacked a good spot for my wallet, sea legs remote, cell phone, ect. I came up with this solution and it worked out pretty nicely. It’s been great to have the control for the sub at my fingertips as the bass on different songs varies so much. The extra storage is nice too. It’s a win win!
Here’s my low rent version. Gotta say I like the look of yours a lot better!

Attachments

• EC6C9EAC-7741-4EC2-BAEF-83EC34995689.jpeg
    EC6C9EAC-7741-4EC2-BAEF-83EC34995689.jpeg
    189.5 KB · Views: 53
If I was just looking for just storage I probably would’ve did something like that as well but the remote volume control for my powered sub (mounted inside compartment) isn’t waterproof so I had to find a way to keep it accessible but also out of the elements.

Here’s my low rent version. Gotta say I like the look of yours a lot better!
Sorry, I see where your remote is now. Was that compartment factory on yours?

Sorry, I see where your remote is now. Was that compartment factory on yours?
Yes, compartment was factory but doesn’t hold much. Added the shower caddy for phone, sea leg remote, etc storage when under way. Seemed like the dash was always full of stuff that could potentially slide off.

Yes, compartment was factory but doesn’t hold much. Added the shower caddy for phone, sea leg remote, etc storage when under way. Seemed like the dash was always full of stuff that could potentially slide off.
Your little factory cubby is perfect for the remote at least.
The other problem with putting things on the dash I found was when I leave my phone on the dash to play music it overheats with the sun shining on it so now it stays cooler and more protected.
The Deep Blue ones come in a bunch of different shapes and sizes. Plus for another $20 you can get a locking one. I cheaped out on the lock though. In hindsight I probably should’ve got it.

Back