Ladder Down Alarm

I did this the other day using the CPI stainless switch above and a blinking led light from Del City... works outstanding

look at the web site for intelliboat

I received a call from the owner of Intelliboats super nice guy ! This is a little side business he runs . He was having some issues with his website, it is supposed to be fixed now . I went ahead and ordered a unit from him and received it the other day. I have to say I impressed. I have yet to install it but it appears to be a very simple installation.

Hi
Did you ever make this accessory? How did it work out? I would love to have one. The kids constantly leave the ladder in the down position. Please let me know if I can buy one from you.
Thank you.

When we were shopping for a pontoon Premier offered an auto flip ladder called ricochet which we would have taken as an option if we had bought one. .on our Bennington I rigged a bungee that when the ladder was down it would over centre and the ladder stays down. If you forget it down the water force pushes the ladder back and it goes past centre so the ladder flips horizontal from the tension of the bungee. It doesn’t come right up but its out of the water. This spring If I remember I will take some pics. I have to say I really like how sturdy the Bennington ladder it and it curves rearward instead of straight down.

Here is a YouTube for the Ricochet

Always thinking, huh Richard? :)

I always say ,I spent my whole life while farming “making or changing things to make my life easier “. One of our German worker/friends once told me “innovation is inspired by laziness “. I guess that was a compliment!

I did not know that a farmer ever retired. I thought they just started telling their kids how they always used to do it.:)

Richard,
That Richocet ladder is brilliant! I wish we could get one for our Bennington's.
Please take a picture of your bungee cord solution in the spring. I would love to try it with my boat.
Thank you,
Bob

You could use a mercury tilt switch that activates a buzzer when the ignition is on. These are the type switches used to turn the light on when the hood of your vehicle is raised.

Richard,
That Richocet ladder is brilliant! I wish we could get one for our Bennington's.
Please take a picture of your bungee cord solution in the spring. I would love to try it with my boat.
Thank you,
Bob

9B1B5E51-90E4-415F-AC29-1F04B8A9744E.png View attachment 24545 Here is some photos of the rear ladder with a bungee to flip it up in case it is left down. The forward motion while underway is enough to flip it up. It doesn’t go right up but it is out of the water. The rope on the left is from a windsurfer uphaul and it is there to make it easier to pull the ladder. I tried uploading a 12 second video but it keeps showing error .I might try later.

Attachments

• 35A4AB10-A39E-43CE-BBD2-2F18B1B8409D.jpeg
    35A4AB10-A39E-43CE-BBD2-2F18B1B8409D.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 2943433A-72CF-4C88-812B-74836113DBDE.jpeg
    2943433A-72CF-4C88-812B-74836113DBDE.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 57
Back