Ladder for handicap

Bigfoot1979

Reaction score
We have a 2021 Q25 and we are wanting a different ladder that is more handicap accessible (wider steps and possibly a 5 step instead of 4 step), Any suggestions for us?

We have a 2021 Q25 and we are wanting a different ladder that is more handicap accessible (wider steps and possibly a 5 step instead of 4 step), Any suggestions for us?
Welcome to the group. Sounds like a beautiful boat. Any chance you want to share pictures of it as so many of us like admiring each other’s boats?

Off hand, I do not have any recommendations. Which ladder do you have currently: the traditional curved, or the fancier looking stainless steel one that telescopes out? The traditional one is MUCH easier to use climbing in and out of the water due to its angle. The SS is more difficult because it just drops straight down. Also, are you looking specifically for a ladder for when out swimming in deeper water, or really something for use dockside or shore side? I know there are also differnt ramps and such for easier boat access too, but just good for dock and shore useage.

That said, even the traditional isn’t extra wide and five steps. Have you had a chance to look after market yet? Maybe Great Lakes Skipper for instance? Hopefully there will be some wonderful folks on here that have also dug around for something more handicap accessible and can give great ideas to you.

Anyway, welcome aboard captain. Good luck with your search!!!

I have been considering adding the same for my parents - found these but not implemented.Ladder Options.JPG

Welcome to the group. Sounds like a beautiful boat. Any chance you want to share pictures of it as so many of us like admiring each other’s boats?

Off hand, I do not have any recommendations. Which ladder do you have currently: the traditional curved, or the fancier looking stainless steel one that telescopes out? The traditional one is MUCH easier to use climbing in and out of the water due to its angle. The SS is more difficult because it just drops straight down. Also, are you looking specifically for a ladder for when out swimming in deeper water, or really something for use dockside or shore side? I know there are also differnt ramps and such for easier boat access too, but just good for dock and shore useage.

That said, even the traditional isn’t extra wide and five steps. Have you had a chance to look after market yet? Maybe Great Lakes Skipper for instance? Hopefully there will be some wonderful folks on here that have also dug around for something more handicap accessible and can give great ideas to you.

Anyway, welcome aboard captain. Good luck with your search!!!
thank you! we will check it out

Back