Lake Conroe, Sam Rayburn, Somerville, Canyon Lake, Lake Travis

TexAgg56

Reaction score
New Bennington owner. 20SLX-YamahaF70. Just now adding all my "toys". Going to be traversing Texas and visiting many of the bigger lakes in our neck of the woods.

Based out of Lake Conroe. Wondering if there are any other Bennington owners in these neck of the woods?  Any suggestions to lakes or ramps? Any accessory toys I "Just have to have"??

bcstexaggie

Congratulations on the new Bennington.  I'm a new owner as well, and from much further north - Michigan.  Thus, not much help on any of your questions, but I did want to toss out a big hello from up north.  If you search through these forums, you'll find all sorts of toys and accessories that you can spend your money on.  It seems the possibilities are endless.   ;)

New Bennington owner. 20SLX-YamahaF70. Just now adding all my "toys". Going to be traversing Texas and visiting many of the bigger lakes in our neck of the woods.

Based out of Lake Conroe. Wondering if there are any other Bennington owners in these neck of the woods?  Any suggestions to lakes or ramps? Any accessory toys I "Just have to have"??

bcstexaggie

I'm jealous. I want to relocate to Lake Conroe!! We went down there at the end of October last year to scope out the area. We stayed at the landing at seven coves and loved it. That is a really nice community there. I'm bummed we didn't bring our boat down with us.

How do you like living there? Also, If you haven't been to D's Farm Road BBQ you need to get down there. We went there twice in the week we were down there. We also liked Los Pericos in Willis. Ate there a bunch too!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the welcomes "Vikingstaff" and "lakeliving".  We actually live in Bryan/College Station. Lake Conroe is 45-55 minutes away. Nice drive, good smooth wide blacktop. Seven Coves is really nice. We may be relocating to a place called "April Sound" in a couple of years. Right on the lake. Area is growing good. Everything now is relatively "newish". Lake Conroe is rated as 1 of the best recreational lakes in Texas. Big long 20,000+ acres lake. Lots of finger coves. Lake Conroe has the most shoreline restaurants of any in Texas. So that's the big people/boat watching place. Great food and drinks at all the venues. Nice docks. Very family friendly. Clean. Well maintained and manicured. Just an all around great place to dock up too, enjoy a great meal, have a drink (1), boat watch for a bit (Conroe is a "money" lake, so you will see some nice rides!)....then head back north up the lake.  Northern part of the lake is all National Forest land. Pristine. Wildlife. Alligators are know to be in Lake Conroe in the far northeast corners.

Texas summers around southeast Texas can be brutal! Last summer was a fluke. Did not get over 100 but maybe twice. 2 years ago. it was over 100 for like 30 days in a row! Not to mention very high humidity and virtually calm conditions. it can get sweltering by 10:30 a.m. So Lake Conroe becomes an "oasis"!! Keep the top up and stay out of the direct sunlight.  You can expect to be above 90 degrees from June to September.

Lake can get choppy with all the activity on the southern shores. And the right wind direction.

Once I get everything installed I will take some pics of our new ride!  Breaking her in now on a small 1,000 acre lake just outside town. I'm sure I will have a ton of questions once we get her outfitted!  She's only 20'. So we can't do much. But what we can do will be done top notch. For me and wife and maybe 1 other couple she's perfect.

More to follow.......

BCStexaggie

Sounds like a perfect lake to me! I like how the Sam Houston National forest is on the north side like you said with atv/ dirtbike riding trails.

We drove out to Lake Livingston as well when we were there. I like how the back roads are 70mph vs the 55 here. Everything is bigger in Texas!

If you know anyone in the energy field that is looking for an insurance analyst let me know! We can be lake neighbors!

My family is new to Bennington and the forum as well. We live in the East Tx area in Tyler, TX. Sounds like Conroe is definitely a good weekend getaway destination for us. You should also consider Lake Palestine, Lake Tyler, and one of my hidden favorites Lake Nacogdoches.

My family is new to Bennington and the forum as well. We live in the East Tx area in Tyler, TX. Sounds like Conroe is definitely a good weekend getaway destination for us. You should also consider Lake Palestine, Lake Tyler, and one of my hidden favorites Lake Nacogdoches.
Welcome to the family! How about posting some pictures of your boat for us to enjoy as well?

Once I get everything installed I will take some pics of our new ride! Breaking her in now on a small 1,000 acre lake just outside town. I'm sure I will have a ton of questions once we get her outfitted! She's only 20'. So we can't do much. But what we can do will be done top notch. For me and wife and maybe 1 other couple she's perfect.

More to follow.......

BCStexaggie

OMG, To have a 1000 Acre Lake would be a dream
Pittsburgh has 3 Rivers limited on Lakes (lol)
Love just the thought of 1000 Acres
But good and bad
I appreciate your honesty on Lake Conroe the 20000 Acre Lake with temps above 90
from June Thru Sept and the humidity
I lived in Dallas / Plano for a bit summer was unbearable (lol)
sweating-clipart-treatment-for-sweating-5.jpg

Much too hot for this Northerner
Even here in the north I spend most of my time on the boat during the evening and late night

Congratulations on The New Bennington TEX
Enjoy and Make A Million Memories
Hope to see some pictures when possible

pit.jpg

IMG_2294.JPG IMG_3025.JPG IMG_2294.JPG IMG_3025.JPG IMG_2878.JPG

Here are a few pics of our new ride. Finally got the new front seats installed last month, by far my wife and daughter's favorite spot on the boat!

View attachment 22211 View attachment 22212 View attachment 22211 View attachment 22212 View attachment 22213

Here are a few pics of our new ride. Finally got the new front seats installed last month, by far my wife and daughter's favorite spot on the boat!

Hey there. Nice looking boat!!! My wife and I just bought a new Benny a couple weeks ago. We live in Frankston about 2 blocks from Lake Palestine. We love it out here!! We have a slip at the resort right off 155. Maybe we'll see y'all around sometime...

Back