Lake Cumberland, KY

I should come down to keep you company. We rented houseboats for several years at Grider Hill and loved it. Glad to hear the water is back up too!
Come on down.  Got 3 bedrooms not being used.  

We were supposed to be at the lake for Dock day this morning.  The CoE is holding back water to keep Nashville from flooding.  The water level is above the parking lot and there is no way to install the docks.  We are looking at 3 weeks before the water level comes down enough.  We need to send the water to Lakeliving and CA. 

http://cumberland.uslakes.info/Level.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Was there still a lot of wood in the water at Cumberland? We were there last weekend and wanted to take the first ride of the season, but there was too many logs etc floating behind the pontoon...

Only a 50% chance of rain here on Thursday. I'll take some of that water for sure!

It's still really bad.  It's not just the logs, there is lots of trash from off the shores. 

Kids are using the boat this weekend. It'll be cool enough they'll just be cruising slow, so I guess it should be ok.....

What dock do you use?

Hey guys, Sanity here. I'm docked at Grider Hill. Live in Cincinnati. About a 4 hour drive. Love LC been driving down for 25 years now. Really looking forward to this weekend. Thanks for all the lake conditions updates. I plan on going to the lake weekend put the Bennington in water and open up my plan.

We are at the end of 235 out of Nancy.  Go to the end of the road, make a left, go to the end of the road and you're at the house.  The docks are on the main channel about a mile from the house.  We won't get down till May 16 for the rescheduled dock day. Lake is down 4' which should get some of the wood on the shore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty familiar with the area. We have friends in that area. We're not far. We're down 235 to Pole Bridge, then left to the lake.

Back