Lake Cumberland, KY

The camper is coming next year so we'll be playing the weather for our day trip down. I hope we run into you out there on the water!

We are leaving in a couple hours. Staying in Kendall campground below the dam. Should hit the water tomorrow morning. Hope to see you all there. If you see a black Bennington floating around be sure to stop by and say hello.

I think we won't be down til Monday. Weather is calling for 96 degrees tomorrow and rain on Sunday but a beautiful day Monday. We've got a 16 month old that doesn't tolerate excessive heat well.

Hey Gunner, We will be down tomorrow afternoon. Have to take care of the sale of the old pontoon first thing when we get there. Don't know if we will get out on the lake Friday.. :( We run out of Alli II, we will be looking for ya.

The LC.com weatherman changed his forecast. See you all on Sunday!

The LC.com weatherman changed his forecast. See you all on Sunday!

Poker Run weekend! We won't be participating in the Harmon Creek festivities but plan on throwing out the hook in the long straight a way just west of shinbone to watch them fly by! If you are out and in the area, stop by and say "hi".

Hey spinzone, how was the poker run? We have never been, wish we could have made it. We wont be back to the lake until September 30th.

It was crazy! The only time I wish my 'toon had the rough water package. 30 minutes before the race started, there was a cruiser parade that was throwing 4-5 rollers into us. The bow submarined several times making for a wet ride in the morning. After they passed, the LC navy went back to Harmon Creek which left the lake to only a few of us. (We have a 1 1/2 yr old daughter so Mardi Gras in Harmon is out of the question) we got our pick of coves on the West End and watched as all the boats raced by for their final cards. Some even stopped by us to say "hi" and let us get close up pics with them!

Overall, it was an amazing experience with more big money boats than I've ever seen in my life. You have to do it once in your life. If you are ok with a really wild party, Harmon is the place to be. Estimates were over 1200 boats tied up back there. I also won't be back until sept 30th. I'll be on the lookout for you!

Hey Spin,

Glad you made through the Poker Run. We would always stage east of State dock to see the beginning of the run... We always took the Maxum, still getting rocked hard in the 23'. We missed this weekend due to a funeral. We'll be back down it 2 weeks...

Just finishing up my last night in Czech Republic at my in-laws. Ive been here for a little more than 2 weeks. Im missing the boat and lake so badly! Anyone getting out this weekend? Weather.com says cooler temps.

We were down last weekend, weather turned out great. Not many people out, and seemed like more smaller boats than bigger ones. We won't be down for 3 more weeks. :(

We will be down Friday afternoon, looking at the temperatures for Saturday not sure we will get the boat out. However, it is fun to bundle up and take a fall boat ride. Maybe we will see you on the water.

Sitting here on a windy, sunny day wishing I were down on the lake aboard the Benny. If only I hadn't winterized already, I'd be playing on the water today.

That's the great thing about an outboard. No reason not to take it out on a good day. Mine is "winterized", but if the weather is good and I can get to the Lake then we're going out.

We run out of Alli II.

First time owning pontoon. Bought 2006 2575 RFS and love it. Have owned houseboats, runabouts for many years but look forward to a more relaxed style of cruising. Keep stored in Burnside and launch at the Burnside State Park. Am interested in knowing how I can obtain a forward Bimini frame so I can have a Camper top made for the boat. Any suggestions appreciated.

GoBlue, glad to have you here! There are a bunch of LC folks on this forum. In regards to your Bimini question, I can't answer that one. Maybe talk to the folks down the road at lookout or call a welding shop to see if they can make one.

On a totally different note, I hope at some point we can have a forum get together on the lake!

Back