Lake Havasu + a Benny + this Forum = Magical Summer - Thank You All!

LaurencetheAdventurer

Reaction score
A couple of final pictures for the Summer Season: Just pulled the Benny out of the water since we got it in July (a bit of delay from the May Scheduled Delivery). thankfully no sloshing in the toons! Surprisingly very little build up on the toons, though we (AKA my kids) did brush them off with each visit. We certainly had a series of issues and challenges, it will be interesting to see how the Dealer addresses (later posts), but that did not detract from all the fun and R&R! Our favorite thing was finding a quite cove and just floating, enjoying the family time. Tucked the Benny into her "off season" storage, ideally we will get in at least one trip a month until the spring! This forum certainly has been a blessing, thank you all!!

Attachments

• 2021-09-04 08.56.09.jpg
    2021-09-04 08.56.09.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 2021-09-04 19.23.36.jpg
    2021-09-04 19.23.36.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 54
  • 2021-09-05 11.50.19.jpg
    2021-09-05 11.50.19.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 55
  • 2021-09-05 11.51.01.jpg
    2021-09-05 11.51.01.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 2021-09-06 09.17.08.jpg
    2021-09-06 09.17.08.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 2021-09-06 10.06.14.jpg
    2021-09-06 10.06.14.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 2021-09-06 10.06.27.jpg
    2021-09-06 10.06.27.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 53
Glad to hear that your summer was a resounding success and thanks for sharing the pictures! It looks a lot different than where I boat. How do you like your I-Rocker SUP? My teen daughter would like one or two for the lake house.

It’s been neat reading your posts and following along with all you planning and adventures. Glad you have enjoyed it so much, and hope any issues you have get worked out just fine with your dealer in the “off season” when its not getting used much.

How do you like your I-Rocker SUP? My teen daughter would like one or two for the lake house.
Not to hijack this post too much. We have a SUP and my wife in particular loves it. It is my wife’s favorite lake toy that we have. Our daughter likes it a lot too - probably every bit as much as our kayaks, maybe slightly more. Me, I prefer the kayaks much more.

My wife uses the SUP more than any of our kayaks, and when we all go out kayaking either her or our daughter take the SUP. If the water is remotely calm, my wife (and our dog Leo) will get out on the SUP. It’s the only thing she will just go do solo on the lake if that says anything.

Ours is an “Edge” by the California Board Company. Nice solid board. Got it downstate Krupa’s in Jackson because we liked it better than what we were finding up in HL at the time.

86B76281-833A-4ACF-A9AF-63F37FD3D7A1.jpeg 3D3C627C-0195-40BC-9400-2B0F056BB197.jpeg

Congrats on a great 1st season!!! Wishing you and your family many more to come! My wife and I were out on Tuesday and love it when there are hardly any other boats! Had Cocktail Cove by Trump National all to ourselves!IMG_20210907_171043959.jpg

It’s been neat reading your posts and following along with all you planning and adventures. Glad you have enjoyed it so much, and hope any issues you have get worked out just fine with your dealer in the “off season” when its not getting used much.

Not to hijack this post too much. We have a SUP and my wife in particular loves it. It is my wife’s favorite lake toy that we have. Our daughter likes it a lot too - probably every bit as much as our kayaks, maybe slightly more. Me, I prefer the kayaks much more.

My wife uses the SUP more than any of our kayaks, and when we all go out kayaking either her or our daughter take the SUP. If the water is remotely calm, my wife (and our dog Leo) will get out on the SUP. It’s the only thing she will just go do solo on the lake if that says anything.

Ours is an “Edge” by the California Board Company. Nice solid board. Got it downstate Krupa’s in Jackson because we liked it better than what we were finding up in HL at the time.

View attachment 31124 View attachment 31123
Bought my wife an 11.5 ft. inflatable SUP a couple years ago. Really well made and solid as a rock when fully inflated. The best thing is she can easily handle it because of its light weight!

Glad to hear that your summer was a resounding success and thanks for sharing the pictures! It looks a lot different than where I boat. How do you like your I-Rocker SUP? My teen daughter would like one or two for the lake house.
The IRocker ISup was a HUGE hit - got more use than the tubes. I opted for the 11' All Around with a 435 lb weight limit so multiple people could use (it was comical watching more than one person trying to stand up and use it - but everyone had fun). A bit pricey, but reviews suggested a good long term value, I see they are on sale right now! I also got a second paddle that could be converted to a Kayak paddle. SO MUCH FUN (and a real work out!). Your pump is a critical part of the ISup experience. I tried a few - the OutdoorMaster Shark is worth the premium - it stops when you hit the right pressure and takes about 8 minutes to fill to 15 PSI, I plug it in and walk away. We also found a 25 foot floating double braided rope line was ideal to tie our floating toys to the boat, along with a buoy ball as a grab line.

Last edited:
The IRocker ISup was a HUGE hit - got more use than the tubes. I opted for the 11' All Around with a 435 lb weight limit so multiple people could use (it was comical watching more than one person trying to stand up and use it - but everyone had fun). A bit pricey, but reviews suggested a good long term value, I see they are on sale right now! I also got a second paddle that could be converted to a Kayak paddle. SO MUCH FUN (and a real work out!). Your pump is a critical part of the ISup experience. I tried a few - the OutdoorMaster Shark is worth the premium - it stops when you hit the right pressure and takes about 8 minutes to fill to 15 PSI, I plug it in and walk away. We also found a 25 foot floating double braided rope line was ideal to tie our floating toys to the boat, along with a buoy ball as a grab line.
My wife's SUP came with a manual pump. Let's just say when I'm done I don't have to go to the gym that day. Ha!

Back