Lake View Today

75゚ sounds really nice right now. Enjoy your week and have a happy New Year.

Hold my beer BigD

Attachments

• A5A95E81-1181-494E-81EA-F0A32DF030E1.png
    A5A95E81-1181-494E-81EA-F0A32DF030E1.png
    321.7 KB · Views: 19
Hold my beer BigD
Nice. About 75 here right now. Looks like it's staying warm, but rain for the next several days. Boy do we need it. Really dry around these parts. I figured when they were about ready to grade and pour a concrete slab for our new steel building that it would turn wet. Lol

Good Lord. 75 in NC and boats on the lakes. Staying that way all week, too.
Yup 70+ degrees and all the boats and some jet skis have been out on Lake Norman since Christmas Eve. Wouldn't mind if it stayed like this all winter!

Kind of funny. Drove down to Atlanta Monday. Here for the week for the Peach Bowl. Conditions when we left were rain frozen to ice with 2” of snow on top. I was not pleased our first two hours of driving on our 13 hour trip.

We were somewhere in Tenn on the way down and someone is hauling a boat, and I commented to my wife “We certainly are not in the north anymore”. I love winter, but I must admit it caused me to think about how nice it’d be to hit up a lake.

Last edited:
I’m planning on taking mine out tomorrow! Safe travels Jeff.

Kind of funny. Drove down to Atlanta Monday. Here for the week for the Peach Bowl. Conditions when we left were rain frozen to ice with 2” of snow on top. I was not pleased our first two hours of driving on our 13 hour trip.

We were somewhere in Tenn on the way down and someone is hauling a boat, and I commented to my wife “We certainly are not in the north anymore”. I love winter, but I must admit it caused me to think about how nice it’d be to hit up a lake.
You could have swung by here on the way back but my boat is at the dealer waiting on the motor casing replacement. Lots of boats/jet skis have been out since Christmas Eve. 70's all week!

Here was my view this evening

Attachments

• E9EF691F-E838-4769-B89F-469E19B7D429.jpeg
    E9EF691F-E838-4769-B89F-469E19B7D429.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 18
Not 75 here anymore. Snowing sideways, wind blowing 45 mph in gusts, and about 32 degrees right now. One of the rougher nights here I ever remember. 180,000 have no power. Only in NC.

Not 75 here anymore. Snowing sideways, wind blowing 45 mph in gusts, and about 32 degrees right now. One of the rougher nights here I ever remember. 180,000 have no power. Only in NC.
At least it's nice and sunny now in uptown Charlotte! Really windy though! High of 46 today. Still got shorts on!!!

At least it's nice and sunny now in uptown Charlotte! Really windy though! High of 46 today. Still got shorts on!!!
Yes, sun is out now and not quite as windy, but cold compared to what it has been. Back to winter.

Yes, sun is out now and not quite as windy, but cold compared to what it has been. Back to winter.
My family in Maryland/Virginia are catching hell with about 12/13 inches of snow as of 100p.

They ended up getting about 18 inches. That's alot for a DC suburb!

They ended up getting about 18 inches. That's alot for a DC suburb!
Mother Nature needs to send that snow up my way. We need it to get trails groomed by the lake house.

We got about 10 up here
Houghton Lake is always in that tweener area when it comes to snow. Almost always west and north of us between snow patterns and lake effect off of Lake Michigan. We got some, but based on my security cameras, not 10”. I head up Sunday for a week or two. Hoping to get some winter activities in, along with a little cottage work.

Back