Lake Winnipesaukee

adkboater

Reaction score
Looking at a trip with a place to stay about 30 miles north of the lake (no I'm not going to try and spell it again!) don't know if anybody here boats there, looks like Meredith would be my closet place to put in. Not sure if I need any special lake permit or boat wash before I dump it in? We're staying at one of the Bass Pro places up there and figured if I driving that far I'm bringing the boat! :)  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, looking at the weekend of July 21st. 

Thanks for the input!!

Look at the Bennington owners locator map and contact somebody that lives on Lake Winnipesaukee. I'm sure they'll help you with any questions.....

The lake is beautiful. I went every year for a while but I haven't been in 10 years or so. Not certain about permits etc. My state registration was fine for 30 days.

Very rocky so you need to know how to read the marked buoy's. I bought a map from a local marina with all the info.

Have Fun!

The lake is beautiful. I went every year for a while but I haven't been in 10 years or so. Not certain about permits etc. My state registration was fine for 30 days.

Very rocky so you need to know how to read the marked buoy's. I bought a map from a local marina with all the info.

Have Fun!

Thanks for the info!! I'm one of those anal guys who has to have a map everywhere we go! I already checked my GPS on boat and the lake is in there too.

I am up at Winnipesaukee and my 22 SCWXP tri-toon handles the lake great.  Be prepared for lots of traffic around the Weirs Channel.  The launch at Meredith town docks is $20.  Get there early as traffic can back up as the day goes on.  Also, buy a navigation map, the plastic covered one as there are many areas that you need to stay away from, specifically "The Witches" which is a rock out cropping in the middle of open water.  The map also details the proper routes around some of the various markers.

Good luck and have fun,

I am up at Winnipesaukee and my 22 SCWXP tri-toon handles the lake great.  Be prepared for lots of traffic around the Weirs Channel.  The launch at Meredith town docks is $20.  Get there early as traffic can back up as the day goes on.  Also, buy a navigation map, the plastic covered one as there are many areas that you need to stay away from, specifically "The Witches" which is a rock out cropping in the middle of open water.  The map also details the proper routes around some of the various markers.

Good luck and have fun,

Wow! $20 to launch your boat?!?

That's a pretty good sized lake! Enjoy...

$10 bucks in $10 buck out is what they charge in upstate Ny. A few of them just hit you for the $20 and don't care if take out elsewhere. 

Looks like a fun trip. $20 to launch at our lake unless you buy the season pass. Free for city residents.

FREE on Lake Norman. Unless you go to the Landing restaurant then I think they charge $3-5.

Wow! $20 to launch your boat?!?

There is a public launch in Alton, but that is at the southern end of the lake, which would take close to an hour to get to if you are staying at the north end of the lake.  Center Harbor has a launch as well, but I believe it is a pay launch.

Thanks for all the input!! Sounds like a beautiful lake, wife and I are still working out the details but it looks good so far!! 

We are spoiled here at Lake Norman. There are several county/state maintained lake access area ramps around the lake that are free. (I'm sure we're paying for it through our boat registrations and taxes) The one nearest our house is about 3 miles away and consists of 4 ramps with floating docks........

Oops! Just saw Carl's post......

Back