Large review mirror suggestions?

There was no up charge.  I'll get it mounted and take some pics.  I'm waiting on a small piece to mount the mirror to the arm.  It wasn't in the box when they sent it.  Probably just got misplaced since they had to remove the items from the box to color them.  Just a minor oversight.

Tried to mount old mirror tonight, won't work as bracket won't fit over new rails

Black PTM Edge Mirror Mount.  I was pretty limited on where I could mount it.  At first, I thought it would be too close to me while driving.  After using it, it's perfectly fine where it's at.  Not in the way at all and doesn't affect my line of sight.  Easy to adjust as well.  Very happy with it and the customer service I got from PTM .  They were great to work with.

/monthly_2017_06/large.59568f9a357d0_PTM5.JPG.659671ed699ad3c3c2b4bcbe0bc07dfe.JPG

Very nice Randy! Sharp!

Now you need a blacked out Yami back there......

If that would have been available I probably would have got it.  But, I don't mind the gray motor as it compliments the accent stripe on the boat.  My trailer is a dark gray as well.  I could have bought the black Mercury but I'm pretty partial to Yamaha from past experiences.  The sacrifices we have to make...

Very nice Randy! Sharp!

Now you need a blacked out Yami back there......

They make those. I believe they are called a Mercury Verado!   :lol:

Joking aside, I really like the "blackout" mirror. Thanks for posting the pic.

With our blackout package, this is the direction I want to go in for next season: order this winter, mount on boat as part of spring prep before it gets put in the water next year, and be ready for summer 2018.

Out of curiousity, why was the spot you put it in the only spot it could go?  Was it due to the rails and the mounting bracket only working in that one spot near your helm? Was it a furniture/rail/mounting bracket issue?  Just curious with an eye towards  trying to do this same installation on our s-series boat next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great Havasu! We pulled the trigger on a normal aluminum version and very happy with it as well. 

Thanks for the suggestion guys!

Now I just need a 383 Volvo stroker and I'm done LOL

I couldn't mount the mirror anywhere alongside the helm itself as there isn't enough room on the rail.  The bottom mirror mount sticks out past the rails slightly on each side so it would hit the helm.  I could have mounted it further forward at the front edge of the helm but then the mount would rub on the interior and I didn't want that.  It's totally fine where it's at.  I wasn't sure at first but after using the boat a few times the location works great.  Even at full speed (around 50) the mirror vibrates very little and is very rigid.

Thanks for the additional detail. Sounds like a very worthwhile add on for next year.

Looks like it belongs there! Nice...

Does it affect the mooring cover? 

Probably, if left upright.  Folded down or removed (2 small allen screws) from the base and I doubt it'd be a problem.

It folds out of the way./gallery/album_147/gallery_1200_147_701993.jpg

Are you guys that have the ptm mirror, are you using the clap on type or the ones with screws?

I have the clamp-on and it's great. If we ever buy a new boat I can take it with us./gallery/album_147/gallery_1200_147_701993.jpg

Clamp as well 

I drilled the holes and mounted it permanently.

Looks great Havasu! We pulled the trigger on a normal aluminum version and very happy with it as well. 

Thanks for the suggestion guys!

Now I just need a 383 Volvo stroker and I'm done LOL

Back