Lead time on special order

It wasn’t a special order, but we purchased a 18SLX at the beginning of March and we were told today that the build date is in mid June and we will get it beginning of July.

Not sure what typical leads times were in the past, but the 4 months of waiting is killing us! We moved to a house on the lake last year and have been really eager to get it out on the water.

I completely understand the eagerness. I’m in a wheelchair due to a traffic crash and I’m having to get the gate a little wider on the 22 SSRX that I ordered. They are well built boats but they are expensive. A little higher than I expected. I’m just guessing that it’s going to be at least 6 months.

I have read that Bennington is gearing up for a new third shift to increase production rate. Not sure when that will go into effect (they posted welding openings recently, along with some other positions). If that is up and rolling soon, maybe they’ll be able to start catching up on production IF they are getting in the materials they need (padding for seating, etc... from suppliers).

Some of the materials they get from other suppliers have been at the heart of some of the more recent production slow downs, combined with high demand. My thought was if they are expanding production into a third shift, then I am assuming the materials backlogs are starting to get resolved - but that is just an assumption.

Fingers crossed for you.

I stopped by my local dealer where I confirmed what I had been told. Orders that were placed a month ago he was expecting in September.

I have read that Bennington is gearing up for a new third shift to increase production rate. Not sure when that will go into effect (they posted welding openings recently, along with some other positions). If that is up and rolling soon, maybe they’ll be able to start catching up on production IF they are getting in the materials they need (padding for seating, etc... from suppliers).

Some of the materials they get from other suppliers have been at the heart of some of the more recent production slow downs, combined with high demand. My thought was if they are expanding production into a third shift, then I am assuming the materials backlogs are starting to get resolved - but that is just an assumption.

Fingers crossed for you.
I'm curious how big of a carrot they need to dangle to get qualified applicants for a third shift? Finding help is absolutely brutal these days!
I suggested to a couple of neighbors that their teenage boys work for us for the summer and the parents seem to think that it is more important that their kids have a leisurely fun summer than learn any sort of work ethic.

That’s how it is in Oklahoma City
Even adults are staying home
Can make more on unemployment and stimulus
Have you seen an airport recently? Passenger travel is close to where it was but nothing is open in the airports....they all got money, so why open?

Order 22SSRX February 24. At this time my dealer isn’t sure when the boat will be built. I only know the order has been accepted but no word on a build date.

just got word my mid feb order is scheduled to be built July 26th. Sadly, this takes into account their anticipated ramped up schedule.

It could be a little sooner but it can also be later. They basically said that build date is close to the best case scenario. It all depends on materials...

just got word my mid feb order is scheduled to be built July 26th. Sadly, this takes into account their anticipated ramped up schedule.

It could be a little sooner but it can also be later. They basically said that build date is close to the best case scenario. It all depends on materials...
Did Bennington provide you this information or your dealer?

Did Bennington provide you this information or your dealer?
Bennington. I called them and they connected me to their regional liaison. The Bennington liaison has been awesome for me.

They just approved my build. I am disabled and need to make changes to the gate size. I just signed the drawing they sent and sent it back. I hope since it’s a custom order it gets here before September. What number do you call to get in touch with liaison? Thank you so much for all the responses!

They just approved my build. I am disabled and need to make changes to the gate size. I just signed the drawing they sent and sent it back. I hope since it’s a custom order it gets here before September. What number do you call to get in touch with liaison? Thank you so much for all the responses!
I think it's awesome they are making custom changes to accommodate your needs. I wonder how many boat manufacturers would do this. I'm proud to be part of the family that does this. Enjoy the boat!

I think it's awesome they are making custom changes to accommodate your needs. I wonder how many boat manufacturers would do this. I'm proud to be part of the family that does this. Enjoy the boat!
I checked with other manufacturers and Bennington is the only that agreed to do it. They said yes before I told them what I needed. Exceptional company and my second Bennington.

I was told today that my 22SSRX build date is June 12th and could be pushed back 3-4 weeks. I ordered April 22nd. That’s what Bennington told us today.

Back