Lift Bunk Configuration for 24 Sli oil change

Jayhawk65

Reaction score
Planning my first oil change (Yamaha 150 4 stroke) on my new 24 Sli very soon. I am right at 20 hours on the engine. My Eagle Lift and slip are too short (25') to get to the engine for my oil change. My neighbor has a 28' slip that he keeps his G3 tritoon on that I can use for my service work. My lift has 3 v-shaped bunks that match the tritoons. His dock has about 6 carpeted flat bunks that are laid 90 degrees to the slip centerline direction and would contact all 3 toons at the same time as the lift is aired up. The v-shaped protrusions on the bottom of my toons look like they could be damaged if they supported the entire weight of the 24 Sli with this lift setup. Any experience with this type of lift, ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

The V shaped protrusions are called a keel. I am not sure if they can support the weight of the boat. Have you contacted your dealer to see what they think. Another option might be to see if you can borrow or rent a trailer to pull the boat out and do your service. Also I've heard of others using a small flat bottom boat as a dingy and just doing the service from the water

The V shaped protrusions are called a keel. I am not sure if they can support the weight of the boat. Have you contacted your dealer to see what they think. Another option might be to see if you can borrow or rent a trailer to pull the boat out and do your service. Also I've heard of others using a small flat bottom boat as a dingy and just doing the service from the water
Not sure if this helps, but we recommend that boats are "blocked" on the bulkheads (the strongest area on the tubes.) These are found at each welded circumference: behind the nosecone, at the endcap, in the middle of the tube, etc. Keels do support the weight when blocked at bulkheads! We would love to see lifts support the entire tube, but especially at the stern bulkhead, where the boat is heaviest.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I will be sure that I postion the tritoon so the bunks are at least close to the strongest points that you suggest on the neighbors lift. I may also use a pump to pull the old oil - assuming I can get the oil filter off. I will report my success or failure in a later post.

Back