Lighted Speakers ??

wetvette

Reaction score
Just Curious.... I've noted in several photographs posted in this site/forum that the 'Kicker' speakers are lighted.

I ordered the lighted cup holders but was un-aware of the speaker lights?? Is this an option or is it standard with the

'Kicker Speaker' upgrade ???

I guess I have too many questions "after" placing the order, and this site & members have helped me in many ways!!

P.S. expecting delivery 1st. week of August (2275RCW) can't wait....

THX

Tom

I can't answer this question for you as I didn't get this option. I am excited to hear what kind of outboard you chose for your rig!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if my speakers light up, I haven't found that switch yet. LOL I have the kicker speaker package and, to the best of my knowledge, they don't light up.

On another note, you are gonna love the layout of the RCW. It is what we have and it is wonderful. It hauls lots of people and is very comfortable. I have not regretted mine yet.

I think 1 user custom did his speakers and more upholders. Your gonna love the rcw. I can't stand to be away from ours!

Todd

ALL responders, Thanks again, I was not sure on the lighted speakers, just curious after seeing several pic's.

And I am very excited waiting patiently for the delivery day. (1st. week of Aug. I hope)

My wife saw the RCW layout and had to have it.

I'm just afraid to go into the showroom any more, I keep adding options and my wife thinks I've lost my mind!

Thanks to each who responded, again I'm still researching these pontoon boats and you guys have helped me a LOT!!

I've added: motor upgrade, raised helm, large helm chair, lighted cup holders & led bimini and 2nd bimini (even though they now tell

me it won't fit the 22' RCW rail system.)

Keep you posted as to delivery and post pic's If I can figure that out.

Tom

How about vynil floor with snap out carpet? That is a must have option.

+1 on the vinyl floors with snap out carpet. If I could go back, the things I would do different would be get the biggest motor possible and the elevated helm (which you already did) and the snap out carpet.

After our last three trips to various lakes we tracked on a lot of sand, pebbles, and lake mud. I have to bring out a real vacuum cleaner, run extension cords, and then hoist it up on the boat/trailer to clean the carpet. It would be so much easier (and cooler) just to snap out the carpet, bring it into the garage and clean it there. (handle held portable vacuums suck = may as well just pick up the dirt with my fingers :angry: !)

Captin: There are a few ways to do lit speakers. Im pretty sure they would be a after market item. I have installed LED speaker rings in a few boat's

It's a Plexyglass ring that go's around the outside of the speaker (it's a custom made ring) cause all speakers are a bit diffrent in size. Most people are using RGB led's so the can choose the color they like.

Here are a few pictures of some LED speaker rings and cup holders

DSC04853-1.jpg

DSC04857.jpg

DSC04854.jpg

Most good stereo shops can hook you up. Where are you located?

Tom,

I have to 2nd the member who mentioned the snap out carpet over the vinyl. I added this late in the option checkoff process and it may be on of our top options. First the vinyl floor is very nice. Here is where the snap out comes in handy. I took in a lot of water under the front gate when I had too many in the front of my Bennie. It was on the day we were going out of town for two weeks and I did not want to leave the carpet sopping wet and covered. I was able to pull my carpet out and dry it on our deck for a while. Then I was able to put it in our garage for it to completely dry out. No musty smell in the boat.

I'm also interested in the lighted speakers. Does anyone know what series/model the Kicker speakers are? Thanks.

any decent custom stereo shop should be able to make the speaker rings. I've seen anywhere from 60 to 100 dollars per ring depending on what lights you go with. I have the blue but like a geewest said they also have LED's that you can change colors as well as flash and pulse to music. What I think you will find though is that a custom LED ring is going to be brighter than the factory installed cupholder lights. I had all 6 speakers and 5 of my cupholders made at the same place so they would match. Welcome to the club though you're gonna love being the nicest pontoon on the lake. Benny's really are the Mercedes of pontoons and you'll get compliments everytime your out especially with lights at night

Check this site out. They seem to have a reasonable selection and prices:

Website
Those are nice but my personal choice was a thinner ring at only 1/4 inch thick instead of 1/2, I thought it looked better by day..... more expensive though :(

1/4 inch thick led speaker rings

Steve

Back