LiliPad Diving board - Front or Back?

jcr159

Reaction score
Looks like a fun product we are going to add next year...

Most seem to mount on the rear of the deck. But I'm wondering about a front mount? maybe even centered on the front gate so you'd jump forward off the bow?

Anyone have thoughts on mounting locations and the thought process to figure out the best option? I have the lounger back and am not sure i want the diving board right next to it... too much water and people standing/jumping on the lounger pad while messing about on the board...

But i'm not sure if it would be safe to put the board on the front either... or if there's enough room?

Anyway, curious what other owners might have to say to help me out before putting holes in my deck, lol!

thanks!

I saw recently where someone installed theirs on the front, but then had the unintended consequence of the kids going up the rear ladder and running the whole length of the boat all day to get back to the diving board. For this reason, I'd place it in the back, off to one side.

I saw recently where someone installed theirs on the front, but then had the unintended consequence of the kids going up the rear ladder and running the whole length of the boat all day to get back to the diving board. For this reason, I'd place it in the back, off to one side.

lol, yeah... mine do that without the diving board. seems like I might be stuck either way on that one!

the real issue with that is the water dripping into the center toon storage locker... I followed advice here to use the wood block approach to keep the lid open and help dry it out... was getting pretty musty down there...

I'm working on a design to put a powered vent "pole" in place using some 3" pvc, a bilge blower, and some solar panels...

All of the ones I have seen are mounted in the stern .
If mounted in the Bow you could have an obstructed view at times . My neighbor has one and it is taller than his side panels .

All of the ones I have seen are mounted in the stern .
If mounted in the Bow you could have an obstructed view at times . My neighbor has one and it is taller than his side panels .

fair points... I have the center toon locker i'd use to store the thing when not in use either way, so i'm lucky that way... :)

Others aren't so lucky!

I lean stern for a few reasons, most covered above: traffic from lader to board is more immediate, more out of the way with views, our rear aft deck is somewhat its own area with our SB layout with railing anyway, forward seating and conversations if the boat is packed, and finally height of board from water level.

Do you have an extended aft deck? And when you say “lounger” what specific model lounger are you talking about, SB or CW…?

We have a SB with railing and extended aft deck, so putting one opposite our lader in the stern would seem to be the best spot IMO for reasons I mentioned above with our setup. However, I am not sure how some of those things translate to a CW.

If your concern about people standing on louger when wanting to use the diving board is the only main issue…just make the rule they cannot. If they do…diving board privileges revoked. Simple solution IF that is the only concern.

I didn't even know that they are removable. Never checked into one .
Yup…remove very easily. There is a base plate you attach the actual diving board to. It’s really a slick and well thought out set up.

I lean stern for a few reasons, most covered above: traffic from lader to board is more immediate, more out of the way with views, our rear aft deck is somewhat its own area with our SB layout with railing anyway, forward seating and conversations if the boat is packed, and finally height of board from water level.

Do you have an extended aft deck? And when you say “lounger” what specific model lounger are you talking about, SB or CW…?

We have a SB with railing and extended aft deck, so putting one opposite our lader in the stern would seem to be the best spot IMO for reasons I mentioned above with our setup. However, I am not sure how some of those things translate to a CW.

If your concern about people standing on louger when wanting to use the diving board is the only main issue…just make the rule they cannot. If they do…diving board privileges revoked. Simple solution IF that is the only concern.

yeah, it's the swingback model with the extended aft and fore decks...

the tow bar, and the stupid vmax 250 get in the way a bit too, lol... first world problems i suppose... :)

yeah, it's the swingback model with the extended aft and fore decks...

the tow bar, and the stupid vmax 250 get in the way a bit too, lol... first world problems i suppose... :)
If you are going to have problems, those are the sorts to have. ;)

We have a 200 Merc Verado…but with a turbo swing instead of a tow bar. Thus, our aft deck is fairly wide open. I can see that impacting the thinking on a stern placement.

However, the tow bar might also prove to be a nice “railing” to hang onto while waiting to dive…??? But then again, the front fence rails could serve the same purpose too.

Lets face it. Front or back…super cool item!!! No “bad” decision to be made here. :cool:

I would put it on the aft unless you dont have enough room to mount it (i'm like 2" short), in that case it would have to go up front.

Ours is in the aft on the extended platform - and works perfectly - friends come up the ladder and head straight to the diving board. And since we often are floating off the back, everyone can watch. We too have the center storage, but have found it folds up nicely so we have only taken it off for the winter.

IMG_4663.PNG

Ours is in the aft on the extended platform - and works perfectly - friends come up the ladder and head straight to the diving board. And since we often are floating off the back, everyone can watch. We too have the center storage, but have found it folds up nicely so we have only taken it off for the winter.

View attachment 33076
Great color choice - matches boat perfectly! Couple of questions - did you install yourself, or have dealer install? If yourself, how difficult? Also, is it easy to remove at end of season?

Great color choice - matches boat perfectly! Couple of questions - did you install yourself, or have dealer install? If yourself, how difficult? Also, is it easy to remove at end of season?
They pop on and off very easily for in season use. Can remove on in a few moments, so it is not something you need to leave on the boat all the time.

They pop on and off very easily for in season use. Can remove on in a few moments, so it is not something you need to leave on the boat all the time.
Agree - they designed it with 3 bolts that you can remove basically by hand anytime you want to take it off. See the 9:35 mark in the linked video

I did a surface mount install myself (with my son's help) while it was on the lift. Not that hard at all. Lillipad has a nice video that helped make it quite simple.
Video: LilliPad Diving Board: Surface Mount Installation on Qwest Avanti"

View attachment 33076
That looks great. I have the same color boat. Lillipad sells a black powder coated model. I may pull the trigger before next season.

I don't think they had the black powder coated model when I bought mine - it will look awesome with the blackout rails.

Back