LINE-X PONTOON SKIRT

1trotter

Reaction score
IMG_20150416_163855_708.jpg   I decided to line-x my pontoon skirts that had been discolored by acid.  Line-x premium is not affected by acid and looks awesome.  Will probably be a popular alternative when blackout packages accidentally get acid on their black skirts!!!

Oooooh, I like it! Made some lemonade out of it, as it were.

I like it! It looks good with the color scheme of the boat. Probably wouldn't look good with other color schemes though.

Is that a DIY thing?  Or does it have to be done by a shop?

LineX is a shop. I do believe it comes in different colors.

I also like it, can you give us a ballpark figure on cost?

I think it looks great! Also interested in cost

$150 for shop to remove skirts and $200 for Line-x, so $350 total.  I paid extra for the uv protected Line-x that won't fade or lose its shine over time.

Not a bad price at all, thanks for posting

I removed the skirts on my old boat to run stereo wires, and it's really easy with a drill and hand rivet gun FYI. The Line-X looks great. I did the inside of a Jeep with the stuff, and it's a great product.

My 2020 had about 20 bolts in each skirt. Used a box end wrench and a ratcheting box end wrench.

My 2020 had about 20 bolts in each skirt. Used a box end wrench and a ratcheting box end wrench.
9/16 wrench size, one bolt on each cross member.

View attachment 1026 I decided to line-x my pontoon skirts that had been discolored by acid. Line-x premium is not affected by acid and looks awesome. Will probably be a popular alternative when blackout packages accidentally get acid on their black skirts!!!
So is it something any body shop could do? Or is Line-X special for some reason ?

Line x is a national chain of bed liner product. You can buy a DIY kit even, I have applied a product called Raptor liner with great success, it is relatively easy to apply if you have a little bit of skills and air compressor. But I would suppose taking it to your local line x and having them shoot it would be easiest for that kind of money. And I would bet their turnaround time is less than a day. I’m not sure that body shops will apply bedliner products. Of course you could have them just paint it with a nice enamel to accomplish the same black look. LIne x does have a very strong scratch resistant coating

Last edited:
Line x is a national chain of bed liner product. You can buy a DIY kit even, I have applied a product called Raptor liner with great success, it is relatively easy to apply if you have a little bit of skills and air compressor. But I would suppose taking it to your local line x and having them shoot it would be easiest for that kind of money. And I would bet their turnaround time is less than a day. I’m not sure that body shops will apply bedliner products. Of course you could have them just paint it with a nice enamel to accomplish the same black look. My next does have a very strong scratch resistant coating
Thanks ! Are you on White lake ? Where?

Back