Lining the struts between the pontoons

So two questions: Where did you get the aluminum sheeting? And, did you consider shielding the tube risers too? I plan to do mine as I've seen significant water flowing there and that can't be good for the drag profile. Currently, I don't have access to a sheet metal break, but maybe separate pieces will work just as well...? Thanks, Win
I'm fortunate to have a steel supply yard 15 minutes from home, they can order anything they don't have in stock and have been my "go to" guys on several projects. I like the idea of some deflecting metal near the risers. Adding just a few inches of material at an angle adds a great deal of rigidity to each panel. It was something I wanted to do but would have required larger panels, generated more scrap, and finding someone with a large enough brake was going to be difficult. My on-the-cheap plan was to see if the deck was getting wet above the pontoons with just flat panels and add material as needed. As it is, I'm satisfied with the shielding I have and after 40 hours of boating I see no reason to modify it. 

Maynard, thanks for the additional info.

I skinned my toon last spring, search my posts and you will find a complete how to guide and I also posted a video under the deck while underway with the new skin. It`s surprising how much water sprays up..Hope this helps...HAPEHOUR

MGK, very impressive.  Did you slide the metal panel between the pontoon bracket and floor or cut around it? Also, it would be interesting if you could post a picture of the 1st piece since it was wider than the rest. 

Excellent job.

Roy

Thanks Roy. Posts 24 & 31 back on page two should provide the details you're asking about.

Back