Locking Gas Cap?

jrom61

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Bennington (or another 3rd party) provides a locking gas cap that will fit? The dealer where I purchased a few years ago had no clue. Looking on Amazon & Google is a guessing game as to whether it will fit or not. Anyone have experience with this?

Does anyone know if Bennington (or another 3rd party) provides a locking gas cap that will fit? The dealer where I purchased a few years ago had no clue. Looking on Amazon & Google is a guessing game as to whether it will fit or not. Anyone have experience with this?
Welcome! Search upper right hand corner. You will get your quickest answer there.

Welcome! Search upper right hand corner. You will get your quickest answer there.
People often don't realize the search here works really well and your advice is spot on. And, use the Search Title Only is really helpful. On this topic, I did the search and found: Not one single reference to a specific lock that has been verified to work, or the old link no longer works. Some great advice to take the cap down to an auto parts store, most said never an issue, a few said could not be done on their older model, one said they would rather have the gas taken that a gas line cut and taken. A great example of this site needing some type of Here is The Answer section. At $350 per tank fill, I can see the worry....if anyone finds one that works...a new link would be appreciated by many (our marina thankfully does not have an issue with this).

I thought locking gas caps had been discussed. Sorry!
I did too.

However, I struggled to find any replies in threads where someone had found something they liked or that worked. Just seems to be a few people in a couple threads asking, but not finding answers from anyone.

I like LA’s idea. If ANYONE has any good ideas (or if the OP finds some good options themselves), it might be helpful to others. Particularly this upcoming summer with anticipated fuel prices.

Really a non-issue for me personally, but I can see some having this concern depending on their location or where they keep their boat when not in use.

Back