Looking at a 2013 2550 RBR

Good points. They said it would be heavy duty, triple axle. I need it to tow long distances each time. It will be brand new and they have it available now. But yes, I'll definitely get the model and pics before making a final decision. The trailer has always been a problem with these dealer boats, it seems most don't come with one. So I'm at the mercy of the dealer unless I buy one ahead of time, which is kind of risky as I may find a boat with one included. Private sellers seem to be much more likely to have a trailer already.
that's good to hear its a triple axle and heavy duty. That helps justify the cost. Keep us posted and good luck :)

Thanks everyone for all the help on this. The dealer confirmed the fuel tank is 37 gallons, so I decided not to purchase. And I think that was a better decision anyway, given everything I learned from everyone.

Last edited:
I'm interested in this boat for sale in Elkhorn, WI, but I live in California, so about 2000 miles away.

Might anyone know anything about this boat? Or willing to take a look at the pics and let me know your thoughts?

I'm looking for a used Bennington with the Bar configuration like this one, with at least a 300hp motor, and the large, 55 gallon fuel tank. The model year isn't as important as the condition of the boat, and this one looks a bit hammered, dented fencing, rusty/moldy carpet, bent splash guard, and the front of the outer pontoons look like they both have vertical creases in the same spot, but can't tell for sure (but the interior upholstery and fiberglass looks pretty nice, from what I can see.) And it would be quite some effort to check it out in person. Also looking to find if the anyone knows of anyone in that area who has a service of inspecting boats for someone out of the area. I'm definitely not in a hurry to purchase, but this configuration with a big motor doesn't come up for sale very often.

The dealer hasn't said for certain whether this one has a 37 gal tank or if it has the 55 gal, but is still checking. Anyone know if the 2013 had this option? I see that "fuel tank upgrade is strongly recommended for engines greater than 150hp," but I can't find what size the fuel tank upgrade was. Or anyone know what year Bennington started offering the optional 55 gal tank?

View attachment 30426
Howdy
I bought this boat from the Boat House dealership in Elkhorn and I did a google search on same fuel tank issue
As I’ve found with stock tank the style & 350hp Yamaha I drive it’s a 60 mile pontoon till empty
So I was googling a reserve fuel tank and your post came up

Howdy
I bought this boat from the Boat House dealership in Elkhorn and I did a google search on same fuel tank issue
As I’ve found with stock tank the style & 350hp Yamaha I drive it’s a 60 mile pontoon till empty
So I was googling a reserve fuel tank and your post came up
Oh wow, yes, that looked like a nice setup with the bar configuration and the 350. But the fuel tank size was holding me back, plus I'm pretty far from WI, so it was going to be tough to take a look at it. But it looks like someone posted about those flexible fuel cells in the other thread, and those look promising.

Oh wow, yes, that looked like a nice setup with the bar configuration and the 350. But we the fuel tank size was holding me back, plus I'm pretty far from WI, so it was going to be tough to take a look at it. But it looks like someone posted about those flexible fuel cells in the other thread, and those look promising.
374A49B8-2229-4976-8455-124E061A8637.png

My fuel solution auxiliary 58 gallon tank dimensions perfect for aft transom
So range when needed will go from 60-70 miles to over 150 miles even running hard

My fuel solution auxiliary 58 gallon tank dimensions perfect for aft transom
So range when needed will go from 60-70 miles to over 150 miles even running hard
Just curious..... Can/Will weight be a factor in the aft with that big 350 hanging off the back and that auxiliary tank possibly adding another 400 lbs?!? Plus the primary tank!

Back