Looking for my new boat?

dbabba1

Reaction score
I have ordered in September 2021a new Bennington pontoon paid for half of it,2022 25RXSBA, I have talked with my local dealer;S/S Marine in Clarksville,Indiana they gave me a build date of the second week of March 2022,it’s the first of June and I’m still looking can someone one please let me know some information what the hold up is or a delivery date?

No one in here is really going to be able to get you those types of answers beyond our conjecture. You really need to get those answers through your dealership who would get them directly from Bennington. Although they sponsor this forum directly, Bennington personnel themselves do not directly manage or reply within it. Us volunteer moderators pretty much oversee it and keep it on track as a supportive resource and nexus point for fellow Bennington owners.

I’d get with your dealer on a realistic date. I’m having the same problem with my new dock. Obviously, supply chain issues abound everywhere across the spectrum. I couldn’t even get the replacement batteries I wanted. However, I appreciate that my issues aren’t quite as dire as yours.

Mine had a build date for 2nd week of February, it arrived at my dealer the last week of April.

No one in here is really going to be able to get you those types of answers beyond our conjecture. You really need to get those answers through your dealership who would get them directly from Bennington. Although they sponsor this forum directly, Bennington personnel themselves do not directly manage or reply within it. Us volunteer moderators pretty much oversee it and keep it on track as a supportive resource and nexus point for fellow Bennington owners.
Thanks,Just trying to find out if other Bennington boat orders are delayed and for how long,I realize there are delivery problems everywhere just looking for information from other owners

Jack has the record for length of delivery. Mine was 220 days order to delivery. Like Jack it supposed to be built in early Feb, but it wasn’t and ended up being delivered mid April. Motor was not supposed to be here till Jun-Jul and it beat boat by about ten days. Just spend your time watching YouTube stuff and buying things for boat.

Jack has the record for length of delivery. Mine was 220 days order to delivery. Like Jack it supposed to be built in early Feb, but it wasn’t and ended up being delivered mid April. Motor was not supposed to be here till Jun-Jul and it beat boat by about ten days. Just spend your time watching YouTube stuff and buying things for boat.
Everybody don't/can't buy what Jack did. Ha !

I was told they try to group some builds together, for instance 3 of us had Q’s all being build at same time. Jack was in that group, but he had some discrepancy that delayed his a little more than the other 2. I got a black with white stripes Q and Jack went white with black stripes Q. Both look very nice in my opinion, though I do battle the water spot probably more.

Speaking of water spots . How did your comparison go ?

I don't see a difference, they are both spotting. I would like to clay the front and redo each side with two coats of each product, The salt seems to come off each side easier than uncoated sides without any wiping. So in this very limited test the conclusion is the one that is easier to apply, which right now the Ceramic coat stuff, as it it basically clear and therefore no worry of staining the fabric.
The pro for the graphine is it can be put over any coating.

my delivery times were similar to Jack's. From what I understand, it also depends on what model you ordered as they do them in batches.

I forgot about you being in salt water
I don't see a difference, they are both spotting. I would like to clay the front and redo each side with two coats of each product, The salt seems to come off each side easier than uncoated sides without any wiping. So in this very limited test the conclusion is the one that is easier to apply, which right now the Ceramic coat stuff, as it it basically clear and therefore no worry of staining the fabric.
The pro for the graphine is it can be put over any coating.

We had some healthy rain last night and both sides of the Q bow are spotless. So I guess the verdict between ceramic and graphine will come down to the longevity. Each one has its pros and cons so I will probably end up using both. The tap water here really spots the black gel coat. I’ve used distilled water in a gallon sprayer to rinse cars with and it is just awesome. I ordered a water deionzer from West Marine but after 7 weeks, they said it’s not available. Once I get that deionzer, I will never dry a vehicle again. Spotless every time. Hope the coatings last!

We ordered our boat May 5, 2021 with a build date of August 2021 and finally took possession April 25, 2022. Although our dealer had it for more than two months but that’s a story for another day. The wait was worth it though, we love our new Bennington
Good luck

Ummmm, nope. Mine was ordered the end of may 2021, picked up April 1st, 2022.

my delivery times were similar to Jack's. From what I understand, it also depends on what model you ordered as they do them in
We ordered our boat May 5, 2021 with a build date of August 2021 and finally took possession April 25, 2022. Although our dealer had it for more than two months but that’s a story for another day. The wait was worth it though, we love our new Bennington
Good luck
Thanks for the words of encouragement looking forward to mine too,safe boating

Back