Looking forward to spring and our new Bennington!

Joyfultooner

Reaction score
Sparkdr220 and I are looking forward to the delivery of our new Bennington in a few months!

We ordered it at the Chicago Boat Show a few weeks ago from Summerset Marine. Dick Heckel is a joy to work with!

Can't wait for spring! We extend our season here on the Lower Fox River as much as possible. Boat goes in March 31 and comes out Nov 1.

Hope the lift installers have full wet suits!! :lol:

Hi Joyfultooner, we picked up our 20SLI in october and have not had it in the water yet, but we did unwrap it and spend some time enjoying it in our driveway! I realize the S series is not the top of the line, but they sure are beautiful boats. I am sure we will get many years of pleasure out of them. Congrats. on your new boat, and lets hope that pesky ground hog does'nt make winter longer! Geoffrey & Brenda

Hi Joyfultooner, we picked up our 20SLI in october and have not had it in the water yet, but we did unwrap it and spend some time enjoying it in our driveway! I realize the S series is not the top of the line, but they sure are beautiful boats. I am sure we will get many years of pleasure out of them. Congrats. on your new boat, and lets hope that pesky ground hog does'nt make winter longer! Geoffrey & Brenda
Congrats on your new boat as well! Sometimes driveway parties are more fun than being on the water! Just watch the first step...it's a doozy!! LOL

It's top of the line enough for us! We love it! We don't need anything bigger...or faster. We have a Seadoo for that! B)

The toon is for cruising...sunsets especially. We really enjoy just sitting on our boat at the dock...having a glass of wine..and watching the traffic on the river. Heaven on earth! :D

We alway hope that boating season arrives on March 31st. After this blizzard...we are hoping it will all be melted in time!!

Hope spring comes quickly for you too!

Congrats on the NEW BOAT!!! Welcome to the Bennington Family!!! We MUST see pics when she's delivered!!! :)

Sparkdr220 and I are looking forward to the delivery of our new Bennington in a few months!

We ordered it at the Chicago Boat Show a few weeks ago from Summerset Marine. Dick Heckel is a joy to work with!

Can't wait for spring! We extend our season here on the Lower Fox River as much as possible. Boat goes in March 31 and comes out Nov 1.

Hope the lift installers have full wet suits!! :lol:
Joyfultooner your story is like ours. My wife and I were at the Chicago boat show in January on the last day to see what was available in pontoon boats. We looked at every pontoon at the show and talked to many dealers and reps. We ended up going back to the Bennington display and purchased a Bennington 2050GL at the end of the day on Sunday. We also purchased from Mr. Heckel of Summerset Marine but it was Bob Heckel who is the twin brother of your salesman Dick Heckel. I met both of them at the Chicago show earlier in the day and was getting them mixed up after returning to their display later in the day. I will also have to say that Bob Heckel was and still is great to work with as well. He knows his boats and it is obvious that he loves what he does. Two weeks later my wife and I were at the Milwaukee boat show to look at boat lifts and Bob must have noticed my wife and I, because he came over to say hi to us. How many sales people would remember a person more than an hour or two.

Another interesting tidbit is we are on the Fox River/Tichigan Lake in Waterford Wisconsin. During the floods a couple years ago we watched the deluge of water and clumps of reeds head through the dam and over the spillway on their way to your end of the Fox River in Illinois. We will be thinking of you the next time we receive lots of rain as well as when we are enjoying our new boat.

Congratulations on your new boat! What a small world!! We were also at the Milwaukee show!! Apparently we travel the same circuit!! LOL Were you also at the Miami Boat Show on February 17th?? We go every year now to keep sane until boating season! B)

Dick and Bob are both great people. We took our trade in up to Summerset Marine last Saturday (beautiful new showroom) and Dick gave me a big hug. It was so sweet. They are like family now!! :) Since the river is flowing, they will be coming down and installing our lift in just a couple of weeks. Dick says our boat will be ready for our April 1st launch goal! We are so excited!!

As far as the Fox goes......we live on the Lower Fox below the Stratton Lock and Dam in McHenry. Your extra water goes into the Chain o Lakes, which they then dump on us, the "red headed stepchild of the chain" <_< Don't know if it happens on your end...but here they actually CLOSE the waterway. Not just no wake. CLOSED. It's very upsetting. Please keep your excess in Wisconsin where it belongs. Thanks! ;)

Just got my 20 Sli. Still in Fl but will be back in Ny middle of April. Dealer said he would be ready to put it in the water. Looking forewar to a nice summper on Chautauqua Lake.

Back