Love me some leftovers

Boarider

Reaction score
My phone has seem to not uploaded the inside pics I got before covering her (lots of pollen from Oak trees).

But this is one from the outside from when we picked her up.

2013 SSXL 

150 Yamaha

SPS

center storage floor- never knew how much room there would be.

Vinyl floor with snap in carpet

extra aft

Aluminum Trailer

Took it for a pre polish spin and 40 MPH with just the wife and I on a full tank of gas, 15 pitch SS.

Lots of fun times ahead!!!!

Sounds like it's dialed in! Nice boat!

Nice! Get you some of that!

I'd say she runs nice. Never had a toon before but happy with all the advice from here, no regrets.

at 40 Mph could I get some kneeboarding in?

I enjoyed that when I was younger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leftover lovers unite! I got my 2013 as a leftover late last summer. Congrats!

at 40 Mph could I get some kneeboarding in?
I enjoyed that when I was younger.
I think you could be doing that at less than half that speed. I've never done any kneeboarding but I usually pull wakeboarders around 19-22 mph and they have blast. Faster gets a bit scary. 

west-canyon-powell-22.jpg

Bcpnick, my wife got a few pics in on our first trip. Bald eagle and kingfisher but she is a bird nutt.

hope to get some of the kids enjoying it as much as I do. Warm weather is here in the south just need the water to catch up.

My kids knee board at 17 mph.

You will be able to do any watersport you want.

Lakeliving, you are saying I could kneeboard for sure?  What about playing the piano?

Kneeboarding requires very little effort and most kneeboards have a little hook that holds the tow line until you are ready to grab it after getting settled in. In the video you can see I hold up both of my hands while we are underway.  As for playing piano, what kind of experience do you have with your fingers? :D

Tried kneeboarding one time.  Got up OK, crossed the wake and thought I was hot stuff.  Cross again faster and buried the tip and instant face plant.  One contact was stuck to my cheek and the other was long gone.  I had no spares with me.  I am very near sighted and for rest of the weekend and for the drive home, there was a lot of blurriness.  Never tried again.  Water skiing doesn't try to kill you. 

Water skiing kills my lower back (which has always bothered me being tall) I'd knee board over ski any day but hope to get more comfortable with skiing this summer. I've never tried a wakeboard.

Picking up a used kneeboard tomorrow to see if these plates and old broken bones can handle it.

Boat drinks my friends boat drinks.

Picking up a used kneeboard tomorrow to see if these plates and old broken bones can handle it.

Boat drinks my friends boat drinks.
Just remember you don't need to pull a kneeboarder up very hard or fast. A wakeboard is really easy to learn to get up and potentially a lot more fun to ride, not to mention much less painful when things go wrong ;-)

Good point Tom. When learning to knee board we would take off too hard and the board would just start bouncing and beat the crap out of me. The fine folks here provided some tips and bingo, got right up. You can see in the video earlier how slow we take off now.

Ok, we'll one more trip before polishing.

With my wife and three out of four daughters we still hit 39 mph. Just need the water to warm up.

Hmmm. Did you get that boat from a Houston dealer? When I was shopping last year, I was considering an exact same boat you described, down to the color.

When I was shopping, they have 4 leftovers. I was seriously considering the 2013 due to price but my wife preferred the dual stern lounges instead of a double one on port side.

When I was shopping, they have 4 leftovers. I was seriously considering the 2013 due to price but my wife preferred the dual stern lounges instead of a double one on port side.
Like your user name, I'm a bike guy myself.

not sure how much they were knocking off for you but it worked out pretty good forme.

Back