Love your Pontoon?

ndstudent2021

Reaction score
We are students at the University of Notre Dame working on a project on understanding what it means to own a boat. If you've owned a boat for 5+ years, we would love to hear about your experiences. If you are interested, please shoot me a direct message!

What is the scope and intended outcome of your project?

We are students at the University of Notre Dame working on a project on understanding what it means to own a boat. If you've owned a boat for 5+ years, we would love to hear about your experiences. If you are interested, please shoot me a direct message!
LOL and LOL again. Many of us are way too jaded for a "project" on boat ownership. I've owned at least one boat at any given time since 1973. Needless to say, there is a vast array of experiences and memories associated with each of them. Much like owning a motorcycle, understanding boat ownership may not be possible from related experiences without actual and extended ownership.

Jaded thinking alert: Ownership entails much more than just operating someone else's boat.

On another topic: Good to see things getting back to what passes for normal. Multiple 70 MPH bass boats went by here ~7 AM. Clearly a decent sized tournament starting on a Thursday!

Last edited:
LOL and LOL again. Many of us are way too jaded for a "project" on boat ownership. I've owned at least one boat at any given time since 1973. Needless to say, there is a vast array of experiences and memories associated with each of them. Much like owning a motorcycle, understanding boat ownership may not be possible from related experiences without actual and extended ownership.

Jaded thinking alert: Ownership entails much more than just operating someone else's boat.

On another topic: Good to see things getting back to what passes for normal. Multiple 70 MPH bass boats went by here are ~7 AM. Clearly a decent sized tournament starting on a Thursday!
Are you on Lake Norman? Bass Pro Bass master Open is going on right now on our lake. They are literally all over the place! On and off the water!

What is the scope and intended outcome of your project?
We're doing a sponsored project with a boat manufacturer in our area trying to understand the recent surge in demand for boats over the pandemic. There are large and widespread implications to the future of the industry so we are tasked with trying to identify some strategy for them to take. Our class is focused on the first-time-boat-owner, and our smaller group is reaching out long term boat owners. We are contrasting the ideal of boat ownership with the realities of boat ownership.

What manufacturer?

Are you on Lake Norman? Bass Pro Bass master Open is going on right now on our lake. They are literally all over the place! On and off the water!
No, Lake Keowee SC.

Back