Lowrance HDS-7 Gen2 Touch Carry Case

kkitowski

Reaction score
What have people found to be the best storage / carrying case for electronics like a Lowrance HDS-7 Gen2 Touch?  I stole my wife's neoprene (2) wine bottle holder thus far and it seems to work ok, but no perfect.  (and she isn't the happiest that liquor took a back seat).

I saw the ones at Cabela's called Sonar Saver's, but they really have no padding to speak of.  The wine bottle holder seems to have better padding.

I take the Lowrance off when left at the dock overnight as it is too easy to steal, even with a security bolt on it. 

Thoughts??

I just ordered the HDS 7 touch to replace my broken HDS 5. How do you like the 7?

Love it!  I just got it with my new boat late last June, and only got about 34 hr usage....

The only issues I have:

- one time when I hooked it up, it "reset" and the brightness was so low I couldn't see anything.  I had to put a towel over my head to create a "dark room" just to see anything as the sun glared too much. 

- with it being touch, you do have the fingerprint issue.  Have to wipe it down at times....

- haven't figured out how I could use VHF radio connected to it yet, as it is needed for larger water (Lake Michigan) as well as off road trips

- the chance that people will steal a expensive head unit....

I am actually planning to use it also in my F150 Raptor when I go off roading.  Just need to load the topo maps and good to go.  Buying a mount for the truck dash as the factory Lowrance isn't going to work well.

That's interesting that you plan to use it in you truck...I never thought of that. Good to hear you're liking it. I can't wait to get mine...should be here in a week or so. Where source are you using for topo maps?

Back