Magma Grill

Shawn

Reaction score
Ordered a grill for the boat today - birthday gift from my wife and boys. It's a Magma Kettle 2 Grill. Also, ordred the rail mount and the shore stand for grilling on the dock or a picnic table. I've read good things about the grill - I hope West Marine gets it here soon!

Shawn

We've got a Magma and they are AWESOME! Phenomenal top of the line addition and a fitting for the Benni! FYI - small side note - our rail kit did NOT come with the hardware to actually mount it to the rail - We had to buy the screws required to bolt the 2 halves of the rail mount (SS 1/4-20X2 w' nylock nuts & washers) separately @ HD for about $12..... Also I suggest buying a couple extra cotter pins - it seems like i drop one into the lake EVERY time I take the grill on or off !?!?! LOL

I love my Magma grill. I went to the trouble of having a pedestal mount added for it on the swim platform rather than clip it on a rail. I haven't decided if I like that or not. The little kitchen area is on the other side behind the captains chair and on that rail might be a better option, but unfortunately there isn't room a whole lot of room to work there. I might get a rail mount and try it out this year on that side. It might be nice to be closer to the sink.

I have a Magma Kettle Grill as well. Just got it last season. So far I like it very much. I have mine mounted outboard of the sink (port side). It's nice and close to the "food area", but too close to the bimini frame. Might have to find another location for it.

I would suggest putting a small chain or string around the cotter pin to keep it out of the lake. Might also be a good idea for the cooking utensiles.

Dan

Magma grill & fish finder installed...Photos in the gallery.

Shawn

Last edited by a moderator:
Back