Memorial Day US Flag for my new Benny this weekend

thaigler

Reaction score

I bought a flag off of Ebay for a very good price $12.88 & free shipping. The flag is US made. I am very pleased with the quality of the flag. I do not know how well it will hold up. But it is cheap enough to replace in a couple of years.

I wrote my father-in -law name on one side of the flag, in his honor this memorial day weekend. He past away about this time last year. I know if he was here, he would be on this boat fishing with his daughter and me.

He was a great man, and never got to enjoy life. No one ever heard of PTSD after WWII & this man was in total survivor mode all is life. He never let PTSD get in his way, and successfully raised 3 daughters and a wife. Always faithful, and hard working, he was able to send all 3 daughters to college & pay for a house and  for a100 acre farm.

He never ask or would accept any help. So this weekend, I fly this flag in his honor with his name on it. Sgt. HL Patterson 88th Div 1942-1945.....RIP

Here is the link for the flag if anyone would like to add one to their boat and put a family name in honor( on the side) that served in any military branch 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160960700882?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

NOTE: In picture the flag is on a table and not on the floor if you see my shoes :)

IMG_3994.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very honorable. My father was retired Navy. I have always flown a US flag in front of all of my houses and also on all the boats I have owned. It is only fitting to honor this great country we live in and the men and women who serve to keep our freedom and make it great. Remember all those who serve in the military when you are on the lake this weekend. It was them that gave us this freedom to enjoy our beatiful lakes.

flag.jpg

Great price on what looks like a great flag! And...according to the listing...this US Flag was made in the US.

Call me crazy, but it always bugs me to see US flags for sale that are not made in the US. Of all the things that should never be purchased from a foreign supplier, I think US flags are top of the list. 

On a similar note, of all the words in the english language - Phonetic is one that should really be spelled like it sounds. Just my crazy dripping out. Fenetik it is.

Nice flag! Sincerely nice thoughts and a fitting remembrance.

Animated-Waving-American-Flag-.gif

Back