Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas. Look what we get .:eek:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221221-172448_FOX Weather.jpg
    Screenshot_20221221-172448_FOX Weather.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 20
Keep the snow up there Jack! We're getting all of your cold air down here. High on Christmas day is only supposed to be 37 degrees for us ....

At least it will help with the lake levels .:D
Keep the snow up there Jack! We're getting all of your cold air down here. High on Christmas day is only supposed to be 37 degrees for us ....

High of 28 Saturday. Wind chills below zero for the next 2 or 3 days. We don't get weather in NC like this very often. It's the 45 mph wind gusts we're worried about. Don't need any power losses over Christmas. A different holiday this year for sure.

Merry Christmas everyone. May the holiday season and New Year bring all of you many blessings, and kindness unto others.

Like Jack, we are bunkering down for the blizzard warnings at our lake house, and downstate at our actual home, here in Michigan. The lakehouse is on its own until New Years weekend. Hope it does okay on its own.

Spent yesterday getting my generators ready…de-icer ready…snowblower ready…vehicles ready…and essential needs set. Getting everything set today that needs electricity.

Family Christmas celebration for my side is scheduled during blizzard tomorrow….not looking forward to the attempted drive! We host my wife’s side (huge gathering) later this weekend, so roads should be manageable by then. Key will be if we have power or not over the Christmas weekend.

If no power = no family gatherings this year. :( I am not currently optimistic about electricity. Having flashbacks to Christmas 2014 when ice and snow storm knocked us out Christmas Eve for a week without power.o_O

More worried about our 2 younger adult kids who work tonight and tomorrow night in the heart of the blizzard (if where they work remains open). I plan to just shuttle them as my vehicle is at least AWD. However, 1 of the 2’s shifts end at 2 am each night (closer). Ugh!

Merry Christmas and stay warm all. We are supposed to get into the low 40’s at night once the front passes us.

Attachments

• B42D1C7F-7EE6-4959-89EB-AA9DDB928E5C.png
    B42D1C7F-7EE6-4959-89EB-AA9DDB928E5C.png
    326.1 KB · Views: 6
Just plowed the driveway in Ohio. -9 degrees. I got smart and got the plow on the tractor and oil pan heater on and tractor facing the door in the 40 degree weather earlier in the week. Coldest I have ever plowed but the snow was fluffy and cleaned up well. Driving to Destin Fl on Christmas Day. All the kids/grandkids flying down on Dec 26. Hopefully the airlines are caught up by then.

Just got to the Office. Roads are terrible on a State Route. People doing 10 mph.
Everybody be safe and enjoy family.

Merry Christmas everyone. May the holiday season and New Year bring all of you many blessings, and kindness unto others.

Like Jack, we are bunkering down for the blizzard warnings at our lake house, and downstate at our actual home, here in Michigan. The lakehouse is on its own until New Years weekend. Hope it does okay on its own.

Spent yesterday getting my generators ready…de-icer ready…snowblower ready…vehicles ready…and essential needs set. Getting everything set today that needs electricity.

Family Christmas celebration for my side is scheduled during blizzard tomorrow….not looking forward to the attempted drive! We host my wife’s side (huge gathering) later this weekend, so roads should be manageable by then. Key will be if we have power or not over the Christmas weekend.

If no power = no family gatherings this year. :( I am not currently optimistic about electricity. Having flashbacks to Christmas 2014 when ice and snow storm knocked us out Christmas Eve for a week without power.o_O

More worried about our 2 younger adult kids who work tonight and tomorrow night in the heart of the blizzard (if where they work remains open). I plan to just shuttle them as my vehicle is at least AWD. However, 1 of the 2’s shifts end at 2 am each night (closer). Ugh!
With generator, why no gathering if no power? Yikes, that is a late night, but great job looking after the family! Merry Christmas and a FANTASTIC 2023!

7 degrees this morning here in NC. Lost power yesterday for 4 hours. We got lucky, because a power line fell in the highway, and they jumped all over that. 50 mph wind gusts yesterday. Wind chills this morning around 10 below. Us Southerners ain't used to this. Lol

With generator, why no gathering if no power? Yikes, that is a late night, but great job looking after the family! Merry Christmas and a FANTASTIC 2023!
Not a whole home generator. It’s a decent enough portible one. But it does not power the entire house. Just enough to run a couple small heaters, couple of lights and refrigerator without tripping its own circuit breaker. Thus, hosting 28 people would not work with it. ;)

However, no power loss. We’re in business!!!

Just plowed the driveway in Ohio. -9 degrees. I got smart and got the plow on the tractor and oil pan heater on and tractor facing the door in the 40 degree weather earlier in the week. Coldest I have ever plowed but the snow was fluffy and cleaned up well. Driving to Destin Fl on Christmas Day. All the kids/grandkids flying down on Dec 26. Hopefully the airlines are caught up by then.

Just got to the Office. Roads are terrible on a State Route. People doing 10 mph.
Everybody be safe and enjoy family.
Love Destin! Went down for a wedding, played some golf and just loved the white sugar sand beach! Beautiful area! Enjoy the family!

Our low in NC overnight Friday into Saturday was 7 degrees and was in the teens to about 20 today. Turned on the 100 watt incandescent utility light in my well housing as a precaution. No snow!!!

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Back